Which name do you like more?

Hello!
Looking for a name for our baby girl due this spring (half [name_f]Indian[/name_f] / half Caucasian)

1. Which of these two names do you like more?
  • [name_f]Layla[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Karina[/name_f]

We may also consider:
“[name_f]Leela[/name_f]”/[name_f]Leila[/name_f] , [name_f]Ariana[/name_f] …? Thoughts on these also please?

Thank you :slight_smile:

I like [name_f]Leela[/name_f] the best.

[name_f]Karina[/name_f] is my favorite of your options. What about [name_f]Lilah[/name_f]?

I much prefer [name_f]Karina[/name_f]! Pretty name.

I prefer [name_f]Layla[/name_f]. The [name_f]Laila[/name_f] spelling is also gorgeous.

P.S. [name_f]Every[/name_f] [name_f]Leila[/name_f] that I have met (there have been more than five) has pronounced it like [name_f]Layla[/name_f] not [name_f]Leela[/name_f]. If you want the [name_f]Leela[/name_f] pronunciation I would suggest spelling it [name_f]Leela[/name_f].

[name_f]Layla[/name_f] or [name_f]Leela[/name_f]!

I love [name_f]Leela[/name_f]!

I love [name_f]Leela[/name_f]! So unique and pretty.

My favorite is [name_f]Leela[/name_f], with [name_f]Karina[/name_f] as a close second. [name_f]Layla[/name_f] is also pretty but comes in third for me (and to me [name_f]Leila[/name_f] is an alternate spelling of [name_f]Layla[/name_f]–I like the look of [name_f]Leila[/name_f] better, but I think [name_f]Layla[/name_f] is a better choice for easy pronunciation).

I vote for [name_f]Karina[/name_f]. The [name_f]Layla[/name_f]/[name_f]Leila[/name_f]/[name_f]Lilah[/name_f] names are very ubiquitous.

[name_f]Karina[/name_f] is my favorite. It’s gorgeous and underused.

I love [name_f]Layla[/name_f]! [name_f]Leela[/name_f] is a close second though. I think both are so beautiful, sweet sounding, and underused.

[name_f]Karina[/name_f] is also a pretty name, I’ve just known quite a few of them! [name_m]Ive[/name_m] never been a fan of [name_f]Ariana[/name_f]. I’ve also known a bunch. I much prefer [name_f]Aria[/name_f].
I’ve never met a [name_f]Layla[/name_f] or [name_f]Leela[/name_f]!

[name_f]Layla[/name_f] is gorgeous!!

I like [name_f]Leela[/name_f] best but all your options are pretty. Good luck.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Layla[/name_f]! It sounds so lovely. [name_f]Leela[/name_f] is also beautiful

I really like [name_f]Layla[/name_f] (maybe spelt [name_f]Leila[/name_f], I believe the [name_f]Layla[/name_f] pronounciation is more commonly used than the [name_f]Leela[/name_f]), [name_f]Karina[/name_f] is gorgeous and there’s some recent pop culture references that make it more modern.

[name_f]Leela[/name_f] is pretty but I prefer the feminine feel of [name_f]Layla[/name_f], I love [name_f]Ariana[/name_f], she’s absolutely gorgeous

I like [name_f]Karina[/name_f] the best. I think [name_f]Leela[/name_f]/[name_f]Leila[/name_f]/[name_f]Layla[/name_f] would get spelling issues a lot & quite common, although I do like those names.

So DH has now vetoed [name_f]Leela[/name_f], which there were a lot of votes for.

Down to just [name_f]Layla[/name_f] and [name_f]Karina[/name_f] now- which of these do you prefer?

Thank you !

I like [name_f]Layla[/name_f] from your top picks but [name_f]Leela[/name_f] is my favourite! I know a few [name_f]Layla[/name_f]'s so [name_f]Leela[/name_f] seems fresher - very sweet!

I love [name_f]Layla[/name_f] and [name_f]Leila[/name_f] the best