Which Name for Baby #2

See the results of this poll: Which name?

Respondents: 66 (This poll is closed)

• Violet Josephine : 19 (29%)
  • Rosie Josephine : 6 (9%)
  • Marigold Josephine : 6 (9%)
  • Elsie Josephine : 7 (11%)
  • Lorelai Josephine : 6 (9%)
  • Isla Josephine : 15 (23%)
  • Liv Josephine: 7 (11%)

I love [name_f]Lorelai[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]!! [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Isla[/name_f] and [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] would be my next picks

Full names for [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]:

[name_f]Rosa[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosaline[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosine[/name_f]
[name_f]Primrose[/name_f]

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Great list! Here are my thoughts:

[name_f]Violet[/name_f]-This is perfect with [name_f]Willow[/name_f], in that they’re both nature names. It’s sweet, simple, and grows up well.

[name_f]Marigold[/name_f]-Same as above, but a little more frilly. However, it’s also more unique.

[name_f]Rosie[/name_f]-[name_f]Willow[/name_f] & [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] are super sweet, but I wouldn’t do [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] as a full name. Maybe [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f], [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalia[/name_f] or [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]? [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] is my favorite with [name_f]Willow[/name_f].

[name_f]Elsie[/name_f]-I love [name_f]Elsie[/name_f], but also find this too nick-namey. [name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Elsa[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] or [name_f]Elspeth[/name_f]?

[name_f]Lorelai[/name_f]-I really prefer this one spelled [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]. It’s okay. A little too fussy, but not bad. I love the nn [name_f]Lola[/name_f].

[name_f]Isla[/name_f]-This is lovely, but getting popular. [name_f]May[/name_f] get lost in the sea of ‘la’ ending names.

[name_f]Liv[/name_f]-I don’t care for [name_f]Liv[/name_f] much, yet I adore [name_f]Livy[/name_f]. Go figure. Either way, I think that [name_f]Willow[/name_f] and [name_f]Olive[/name_f] nn [name_f]Liv[/name_f] is perfect.

I really couldn’t chose either, it seems. [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] may be my favorite, but only as a nn. I kind of love [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] with [name_f]Willow[/name_f] though.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

I like [name_f]Rosie[/name_f], [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] and [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]. I actually know of sisters called, of all things, [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] and [name_f]Willow[/name_f].

And I don’t think [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] needs a formal name for it; it works just fine on its own unless you use [name_u]Lee[/name_u] as a middle name. :wink:

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] is perfect with [name_f]Willow[/name_f] imo.

With sister [name_f]Willow[/name_f], my favorites are [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Goldie[/name_f]), and [name_f]Rosie[/name_f].

I like the suggestions pp’s have given for a full name for [name_f]Rosie[/name_f], but don’t love all of them with [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] or [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] would work well!

I love [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] with [name_f]Willow[/name_f] but if you plan on having more children I would be careful of accidently creating a theme, so I voted [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]

[name_f]Lorelai[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is stunning! As was reading through all the options thinking, “these are nice it’s gonna be a tough vote” but when I got to [name_f]Lorelai[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] was knocked clean out of the water.

For a second choice, I’d probably go with [name_f]Isla[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] best. [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] just sounds so perfect with [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] gives you a lovely nature theme with [name_f]Willow[/name_f].

I wanted to vote for [name_f]Rosie[/name_f], but then I thought, [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] [name_u]Josie[/name_u].

Hello! You have some fantastic options. It was a difficult choice, but I ended up voting for [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]. [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is one of the most classic, wearable, beautiful names out there. It also goes perfectly with [name_f]Willow[/name_f], in terms of popularity and style: It’s a nature name with an “l” sound. In terms of a formal name for [name_f]Rosie[/name_f], I second [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], but also want to add [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f]/[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f].

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]: My favorite. Tailored, elegant, classic, and refined.
[name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Goldie[/name_f]): I quite like the flow of this, and the bright, vivd feel, but I think [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] might be a bit obscure for [name_f]Willow[/name_f]'s sister. I also don’t know about its wearability as a first, gorgeous though it may be.
[name_f]Rosie[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]: While [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] doesn’t necessarily need a formal name, I would definitely prefer one for formality and wearability.
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]: Another favorite of mine. [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] and [name_f]Willow[/name_f] are such sweet, spritely sisters, and both sound modern.
[name_f]Lorelai[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]: I love this! The names flow beautifully together, and [name_f]Lorelai[/name_f] is sweet, beautiful, and just a bit quirky.
[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]: Both [name_f]Willow[/name_f] and [name_f]Isla[/name_f] are perfectly on-trend right now, and for good reason: They’re nature names with a contemporary sound. I quite like this.
[name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]: I like this as a nickname for [name_f]Olive[/name_f] or [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], but I’m not a huge fan of this as a given name. It’s a bit too informal, and I’m not sure I can imagine it on a grown woman.

[name_f]Lorelai[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]- does [name_f]Livia[/name_f] appeal to you at all? It seems to have something in common with nearly all the names from your list, and (obviously) [name_f]Liv[/name_f] would work as a nn. I love [name_f]Liv[/name_f] on its own, too, it doesn’t need a formal name, imo. [name_m]Just[/name_m] an idea!

Thank you for your thoughtful response!! I love the name [name_f]Olive[/name_f] but my husband veto’ed it. I thought it sounded beautiful with [name_f]Willow[/name_f]!

Thank you all so much for your responses. They have been really helpful. xo

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] got my vote - lovely name, and fits perfectly with [name_f]Willow[/name_f]!

I voted for [name_f]Liv[/name_f], but would really prefer [name_f]Livia[/name_f] for the full name & [name_f]Liv[/name_f] for the nickname.

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] was my favorite w/[name_f]Willow[/name_f] but if you’re thinking about additional children you might feel constrained to nature names only. Would [name_f]Viola[/name_f] work for you? Or [name_f]Ione[/name_f] (which carries the meaning of violet)?

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] goes well w/[name_f]Willow[/name_f] as well.

A hesitation w/[name_f]Rosie[/name_f] (aside from it being too nickname-y for me to work as the formal name) is that it sounds like “[name_f]Rosy[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f],” like [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] w/rosy cheeks. I also didn’t like the way the long -o- sound shows up in the first syllables of both [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] & [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]; the longer forms of [name_f]Rose[/name_f] avoid the repetition, but then I’m not sure if they sound too long w/[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]. One variant of [name_f]Rose[/name_f] that hasn’t been mentioned yet is Rosabeth…

[name_f]Elsie[/name_f] is also too informal for me, but [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] sounds lovely [name_f]IMO[/name_f].

[name_f]Lorelai[/name_f] & [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] aren’t my style.

So overall it would be:

[name_f]Willow[/name_f] & [name_f]Livia[/name_f] nn [name_f]Liv[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] & [name_f]Isla[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] & [name_f]Viola[/name_f]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] is my choice

[name_f]Willow[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] go so perfectly together.

My choices are [name_f]Isla[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f]. I love both with [name_f]Willow[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] with [name_f]Willow[/name_f]!! My favourite combo is [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] but I [name_f]Isla[/name_f] as it doesn’t continue a trend of nature names. I also love [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] and [name_f]Liv[/name_f] - both with [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] and [name_f]Willow[/name_f]!

Great list. My favorite is [name_f]Elsie[/name_f]. I also love [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] but I personally think when all sibling names very obviously fit into a theme (nature) it takes away from the individual beauty of each name. [name_f]Willow[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] are all gorgeous names. But together I find them a bit corny.