Which name for Edie's sister?

See the results of this poll: Which would you pick?

Respondents: 52 (This poll is closed)

• Violet : 25 (48%)
  • Louisa (husband really doesn’t like) : 1 (2%)
  • Jane : 7 (13%)
  • Marlo / Marlowe : 11 (21%)
  • Mallory : 4 (8%)
  • another option… see comments: 4 (8%)

[name]How[/name] about…
[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Meredith[/name] ([name]Edie[/name] and [name]Meri[/name]… I think it’s sweet)
[name]Maisie[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]/[name]Rosalie[/name]/[name]Rosemarie[/name]/[name]Rosemary[/name] ([name]Edie[/name] and [name]Rose[/name] or [name]Eden[/name] and [name]Rose[/name] is really gorgeous imo)
[name]Sienna[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Elise[/name]

I think any of these would compliment [name]Eden[/name]/[name]Edie[/name] nicely :slight_smile:
x

dumbledore… some great suggestions! Some in the running/discussion still and others out for some reasons:
[name]Anna[/name] - DH doesn’t like as a first
[name]Imogen[/name] - DH LOVES this one and I really like it but worry about nn [name]Ginny[/name] being so close to [name]Jenny[/name]
[name]Meredith[/name] - I like, DH is so so with
[name]Maisie[/name]- I really love [name]Maisie[/name] with [name]Edie[/name] but not sure if it can stand alone and last name also ends in y/ie sound… worry about this with [name]Mallory[/name] too…
[name]Lucy[/name] - eh
[name]Rose[/name]- [name]Eden[/name]'s middle name… not because it was to be descriptive but for my grandma [name]Rose[/name] who I am very close with. I wanted [name]Rose[/name] as a first but DH didn’t like it in the first position.
[name]Sienna[/name] - not sure how I feel about this one but I don’t think I would use it as a first
[name]Iris[/name] - possible contender, though I have a good friend lots of people call ‘Ris/Riss’
[name]Ivy[/name] - We both like but not sure it flows with last name
[name]Alice[/name] - one of my closest friend’s daughter’s name
[name]Elise[/name] - I really like [name]Elise[/name] but want to avoid another E name if I can help it.

[name]Violet[/name] for me, it works so well with [name]Edie[/name].

Thanks! I had a dream early on (that my deceased father was in) that I had a girl and named her [name]Violet[/name]. I liked the name before but after the dream I liked it more and it seemed like it just should be if I have a girl (though we both think boy!)

As of late we have been tossing around [name]Cecile[/name]/[name]Cecelia[/name] but [name]Edie[/name] and Cece are too close I think.

[name]How[/name] about [name]Violet[/name] [name]Cecelia[/name]?

I like [name]Imogen[/name] and I think that the nn of [name]Mimi[/name] would be a great fit.

rollo

I immediately though:

[name]Edie[/name] and
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name]

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Cecile[/name] is a nice combination, thanks for the idea! Looks like [name]Imogen[/name] has a lot of fans here too. I am not sure about [name]Mimi[/name] even though it is a cute nn. [name]Edie[/name] and [name]Mimi[/name]? To give you a taste of our style, some others we like(d) me: [name]Georgia[/name], [name]Pearl[/name], [name]Norah[/name], [name]Sage[/name], [name]Dylan[/name], [name]Sophie[/name], DH: [name]Lola[/name], [name]Hazel[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name]. Not sure if that makes a difference in anything you might suggest but maybe it helps give an idea of our style a bit. If we have a boy, he will most likely be Is@ac [name]Boone[/name] or [name]River[/name] Is@ac.

I’m a big fan of [name]Marlo[/name]/[name]Marlowe[/name]!

Totally forgot to include another option we’ve been tossing around… [name]Sadie[/name]

[name]Violet[/name] is perfect with [name]Eden[/name] [name]IMO[/name]:slight_smile:

I think [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Edie[/name]/[name]Eden[/name] is a gorgeous match :slight_smile:

I would have voted for [name]Louisa[/name], but if your hubby doesn’t like it, you shouldn’t use it. I voted for [name]Jane[/name]. I wonder when Nameberries will tire of [name]Violet[/name], they are obsessed with it right now!