Which name is more modern sounding?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all

[name_m]Just[/name_m] curious which name is more modern sounding to you? Which name is more my age group? (Late twenties.) Which name do you prefer?

The names in question are [name_f]Lucilla[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f].

Thanks in advance.

I don’t find either of them modern sounding at all, but that’s okay. Statistically, [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] was in the top 1000 for 80+ years but it hasn’t been commonly used in 30 years, while [name_f]Lucilla[/name_f] has never been in the top 1000. On the other hand, [name_f]Lucille[/name_f] has been in the top 1000 for 89 years total and reemerged on the scene in 2003, and ranked #284 in 2016 so that variation is very well-known and used modernly. I think [name_f]Lucilla[/name_f] would be better received than [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f], and I like it better!

I don’t find either overly ‘modern’, however as I’ve never met nor heard of a [name_f]Lucilla[/name_f], but have come across a couple of [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f]'s, I’d go [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f].

I would have to say [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] as well

Lucilla for everything. Like PPs, I also don’t find either one very modern sounding.

Neither one strikes me as modern but [name_f]Lucilla[/name_f] is to die for! [name_u]Love[/name_u] it! [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] not so much for me.

I think [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] fits your criteria better. I also prefer it.

I don’t really find either very modern; I think as a full name I’d say [name_f]Lucilla[/name_f] for your age group, however [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] is open to more nicknames - [name_f]Indy[/name_f], [name_f]Cindy[/name_f]…although I see you already have [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] picked!

I don’t think of either name as being modern, especially almost 30 years old modern. I would be less surprised to meet someone of any age named [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] and that’s the name I prefer.

I definitely think [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] fits best for the age. Perhaps this is because I know of two [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f]'s within my own age group. I’ve never met a [name_f]Lucilla[/name_f], but it doesn’t sound overly modern nor overly old fashioned to me.

I don’t think either is very modern at all, they make me think of Ancient [name_m]Rome[/name_m]. But out of the two I think [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] sounds more like what you are wanting, the slightly more spunky D sound in [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] sounds more modern.

[name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] i would say