which name: Maya, Lara, Esme or Beatrice?

I am totally lost as to which is the best combo with my surname which is [name]Deane[/name](like [name]James[/name] dean).any help more than welcome.Also [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Corinne[/name]/[name]Corrina[/name] keep coming back to me as possibilities.Any other new perspectives also welcome.Thanks to all.

[name]Deane[/name] seems to go with everything. I don’t see a problem with any of these names. The only (very minor) glitches I see are:

[name]Maya[/name] [name]Deane[/name] – initials are M.D. (like a doctor)
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Deane[/name] – sounds a little staid to me
[name]Esme[/name] [name]Deane[/name] – sounds a tiny bit weird to me

I like [name]Maya[/name] [name]Dean[/name] the best. I just like the sound of it.

[name]Lara[/name] [name]Deane[/name] is my favorite of course I love [name]Lara[/name] so maybe I’m being biased. I love your last name and feel almost any name would work perfectly. [name]Maya[/name] [name]Deane[/name] gets my vote for second place.

thanks so much for your ideas jillymommy and disa.i think lara and maya are my favs. also.talk to you again soon.

[name]Maya[/name] [name]Deane[/name] and [name]Lara[/name] [name]Deane[/name] sound best to me.

I think I’ll side with everyone else on [name]Maya[/name] and [name]Lara[/name] with the last name [name]Deane[/name]. Please whatever you do, don’t call her [name]Minnie[/name]. [name]Minnie[/name] [name]Dean[/name] was a notorious baby killer in NZ.

Good [name]Luck[/name]:slight_smile:

thanks for your opinion [name]Tulip[/name].I must cross minnie off the list in that case Charliehotsox
along with [name]Lilith[/name] and [name]Myra[/name] .But seriously how appauling and tragic it would be to register your child with such an inoffensive name as [name]Minnie[/name] only to dicover that chilling story! Actually I recently heard that the oldest surviving person from the Titanic died about 5 months ago and her name was [name]Melvina[/name] [name]Deane[/name].She was known as [name]Katie[/name] which would have been a lovely contender except where I’m from its the no.1 name in my county for 2008.As a matter of interest did anyone out there name their baby after a hero or historic /political figure?It’s a beautiful idea and would give immense personal meaning and a great aspirational goal for a child to dream of an strive towards.

[name]Lara[/name] [name]Deane[/name] sounds great! I also like [name]Maya[/name] [name]Deane[/name].