Which name out of 3? TV associations?

See the results of this poll: Which came out of these 3?

Respondents: 65 (This poll is closed)

• Arthur : 22 (34%)
  • Jasper : 33 (51%)
  • Dean: 10 (15%)

I love the name [name_u]Meredith[/name_u], but my boyfriend thinks it’s old lady ish :frowning: You’re so lucky you got to use it! I think [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] is a fine name, and I feel that the cartoon [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] is older, I remember watching it when I was a kid. I never grew up with any Arthurs. If the name is popular in your area, I understand a concern there, but otherwise I think it would be fine.

I like all three names. My main association with [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] is [name_m]King[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m].

I vote [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]!

My favourite is [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] and I love the association of the beautiful ski resort town of [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] in the [name_m]Rocky[/name_m] Mountains.

[name_m]Jasper[/name_m] is one of my favourite names. I also like [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]. I don’t live in [name_f]Canada[/name_f] so I can’t comment on the TV association.

I love [name_m]Jasper[/name_m], but [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] may go better with your last name. [name_m]Aren[/name_m]'t there [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] books too? Maybe that will be a connection your kiddo will enjoy. There’s a popular character named [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and it’s one of the most popular names. Same thing with Curious [name_m]George[/name_m], lots of Berries are using [name_m]George[/name_m] variants. Good luck with your decision!

I think [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] is great!

I like all three, but none of them sound good with [name_f]Layla[/name_f] to me. I think [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] sounds the best with your last name!

[name_f]Layla[/name_f] and…

[name_m]Milo[/name_m]
[name_m]Enzo[/name_m]
[name_u]Luca[/name_u]
[name_u]Perry[/name_u]
[name_u]Frankie[/name_u]
[name_m]Bowie[/name_m]
[name_u]Jesse[/name_u]

My favourite out of them is undoubtedly [name_m]Jasper[/name_m]. [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] is great too and [name_u]Dean[/name_u] is not my style. I don’t live in [name_f]Canada[/name_f] but I have watched the cartoon myself and I don’t think it’s a bad association. [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] is a nice name with rich history, even if it may be connected, it will not seem as you have named your child after the character.

Since it was your choice for the first baby, I suppose it wasn’t a problem then. And just because it’s your daughter’s favourite, you should consider it once more and ignore the association. It’s so sweet to include the sibling to the naming process.

Best of luck!!

[name_m]Jasper[/name_m] is my favourite and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] would be my second choice. I grew up watching [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] but kids favourite tv shows change as they get older so it wouldn’t stop me choosing it.

[name_m]Jasper[/name_m] is one of my favorite names. It’s so handsome. I also love [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] though. I don’t associate it with the cartoon, even though I grew up watching it. I think of [name_m]King[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] more.
Although, I don’t think the association with the cartoon is a bad thing! it’s a cute one, and your son might enjoy sharing a name with the character.

[name_u]Dean[/name_u] is a name that’s started to grow on me lately, but it’s my least favorite of the three.

All of them are very handsome, adorable choices. I think either way you can’t go wrong. it seems like you really love [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] though, and I think you should go for it if it’s your top choice!

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] is one of my favourite boy names (loved the show [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] when I was little!)! I also really like [name_m]Jasper[/name_m]. I don’t really have any feelings towards the name [name_u]Dean[/name_u], but if I were to have a TV association with any of the names, it’s that one with [name_m]Gilmore[/name_m] Girls.

All are nice names, I prefer [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]. I don’t think the cartoon is a bad association, or one that will have to follow him all his life.

I don’t like [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], particularly with your last name. [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] is the winner for me.

My personal favorite of the 3 is [name_m]Jasper[/name_m]. But [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] [name_m]Crispin[/name_m] (or similar to that?) has too much “sp”. I would choose [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]. The cartoon association isn’t a big deal…new characters come and go.

Thanks so much for the opinions, please keep them coming!