Which name sounds best with the last name?

Here are boy names we like, which name (first and middle name combo if possible) do you like best with the last name Dukes?

[name]Nathan[/name]
[name]Edward[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name]

Other sugegstions welcome!

Coincidentally, [name]Nathan[/name], [name]Conrad[/name] and [name]Edward[/name] are names of our grandfathers (we don’t necessarily like naming the baby afetr any of them, but they happen to be names we like!) [name]Nathan[/name] was the paternal grandfather so he was [name]Nathan[/name] Dukes. My husband didn’t really know him and he has passed on. Should we avoid the name anyway because it is so close in the family tree? There is no tradition of passing on family names… thanks for the advice!

[name]How[/name] about [name]Nathaniel[/name] Dukes? It will switch it up a bit so as to not repeat and I think it sounds fantastic! Is there a middle name that will be going with these names? That may help narrow it down :slight_smile: With [name]Edward[/name], [name]Alexander[/name], and [name]Conrad[/name] I have a bit of difficulty saying it with Dukes since the D’s butt up. I sort of stutter when I say it :frowning: (I do have a SLIGHT speech impediment, though)

[name]How[/name] about [name]Nathaniel[/name] Dukes? It will switch it up a bit so as to not repeat and I think it sounds fantastic! Is there a middle name that will be going with these names? That may help narrow it down :slight_smile: With [name]Edward[/name], [name]Alexander[/name], and [name]Conrad[/name] I have a bit of difficulty saying it with Dukes since the D’s butt up. I sort of stutter when I say it :frowning: (I do have a SLIGHT speech impediment, though)[/quote]

Thanks, I have thought of [name]Nathaniel[/name]… he could also be called [name]Nate[/name] for short, but don’t like it as much as [name]Nathan[/name]. It is still an option! I’d probably go with [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Edward[/name] or [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Conrad[/name] ([name]Alexander[/name] is mainly my middle name option for 2-syllable first names to vary with the one-syllable last name)

I like [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Edward[/name] best :slight_smile:

I second the [name]Nathaniel[/name] suggestion, and I’d stay away from names ending in D, as it blends with the D in Dukes. (I love your names!) :slight_smile:

I love the names [name]Conrad[/name] and [name]Emmett[/name] I think they both go great with Dukes

[name]Conrad[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] Dukes
[name]Emmett[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] Dukes

Those are my votes!!

[name]Alexander[/name] [name]Emmett[/name] Dukes

[name]Alexander[/name] Dukes!
[name]Alexander[/name] [name]Ray[/name] Dukes, [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Jordan[/name] Dukes

[name]Alexander[/name] [name]Conrad[/name] Dukes
[name]Alexander[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name] Dukes

I would have said [name]Nathan[/name] Dukes, but I think it might be awkward to essentially name him after someone you don’t particularly want to name him after. Some alternatives with a similar feel:

[name]Nolan[/name] Dukes
[name]Simon[/name] Dukes
[name]Lindon[/name] Dukes
[name]Charles[/name] Dukes
[name]Travis[/name] Dukes
[name]Jasper[/name] Dukes
[name]Jonathan[/name] Dukes

I tried all the names on the list with Dukes and for me [name]Nathan[/name] was a clear winner. In your case you are not naming your baby after the family member you are just choosing a name you really like and if it honours a family member that is a bonus.

[name]Nathan[/name] [name]Edward[/name] Dukes is my pick.

I also love [name]Nathaniel[/name] nn [name]Nathan[/name], [name]Nate[/name], [name]Nat[/name], Nayth

The original poster recently posted a message that she had a beautiful baby girl named [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Valentine[/name]. :slight_smile:

(If you’re reading this, congratulations again!) :slight_smile:

[name]Jill[/name] what did she post under was it an update on this thread?

PS I found it! Of course under the Birth Announcements section!

Congratulations on [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] that is a beautiful name!