Which name to honor a Catherine?

See the results of this poll: Which name to honor a Catherine?

Respondents: 69 (This poll is closed)

• Catalina Grace : 22 (32%)
  • Bianca Cate : 8 (12%)
  • Anneliese Catherine : 14 (20%)
  • Genevieve Cathleen : 4 (6%)
  • Vivienne Cate: 21 (30%)

[name_f]Anneliese[/name_f] and [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] are my favorite FN options, but I think the shorter [name_f]Cate[/name_f] works better with them than [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] or [name_f]Cathleen[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Marina[/name_f] [name_f]Cate[/name_f], [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f], and [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] [name_f]Cate[/name_f] would all be great, too.

Good luck!

Exactly my thoughts! I voted [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f].

[name_f]Anneliese[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] is beautiful.

[name_f]Anneliese[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]!

[name_f]Anneliese[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] is so beautiful.

[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] got my vote. I prefer the spelling [name_f]Kate[/name_f] though. But why not use [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]? [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] is great!

I voted [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_f]Cate[/name_f] - I think its reallly beautiful.
I am not a fan of Annliese yes to [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] 2nd choice and I love the honour version as [name_f]Cate[/name_f] [name_f]Ceit[/name_f] ([name_m]Scot[/name_m]) not made up, [name_f]Cait[/name_f] or [name_f]Kate[/name_f]. Your pick!

I chose [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] because it’s a beautiful name and honors her. I think the two names with [name_f]Cate[/name_f] as a middle also honor her, but I don’t think [name_f]Catalina[/name_f] and [name_f]Cathleen[/name_f] do, to be honest. I’m not a fan of honor names that aren’t truly the name of the person you’re honoring.

Unless your grandmother went by [name_f]Cate[/name_f], I’d use the full [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] to honour her.

I voted [name_f]Bianca[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]. From your list I also really liked [name_f]Catalina[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] and [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f], [name_f]Katia[/name_f] [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f], [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f], [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] Hecate (orginal form of the [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] name family; pronounced Hec-a-tee)

Absolutely [name_f]Catalina[/name_f]. I love it perhaps even more than [name_f]Catherine[/name_f], although for me [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] is also a direct namesake and I want to use the exact names of my honorees as much as I can. It’s such a gorgeous, romantic, flowy name. And I love [name_f]Grace[/name_f] and the combo.

I voted [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] [name_f]Cathleen[/name_f], but think [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] [name_f]Cate[/name_f] would be perfect!

[name_f]Catalina[/name_f] is my favourite variation of [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]. Beautiful, elegant, delicate and uncommon… so I voted for that.

Why not just use [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]? Either in the first or middle name spot? Did she go by [name_f]Cate[/name_f]? [name_f]Cathleen[/name_f] and [name_f]Catalina[/name_f] are completely different names. Yes, with similar roots but not the same.

I would prefer [name_f]Marina[/name_f] [name_f]Cate[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Catalina[/name_f]!