Which name will NOT become popular?

I’m adamant that my daughter have an uncommon but “normal” name. Id like her to be the only one in her class with the name and for people she meets to only know one or two others with her name. It’s a difficult prediction these days since unusual names are becoming popular so fast!

Which of these first names describes my wish best and which do u think will NOT become popular?

[name_f]Leona[/name_f]
[name_f]Corinne[/name_f]
[name_f]Laurel[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f]

Here are middle name possibilities. Open for comments/suggestions here too…

[name_f]Leona[/name_f] [name_f]Renee[/name_f]
[name_f]Corinne[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]/[name_f]Corinne[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_f]Maren[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwen[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f] [name_u]Leigh[/name_u]

Thank you!

[name_m]How[/name_m] popular is too much? I lean towards names I’ve only ever met one or two people (including babies) with that name. I think [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] is most likely to become more popular as I consider it the trendiest name on your list. I think [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] and [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] are your safest bets for not becoming more popular.

I don’t think [name_f]Leona[/name_f], [name_f]Gwen[/name_f], and [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] will be in the top 10 any time soon.

I don’t think [name_f]Leona[/name_f] and [name_f]Maren[/name_f] will be popular

I think [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] names are rising. [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] might not ever be too popular but it is very similar to [name_f]Lauren[/name_f], which is. [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] is nice and I don’t see it spiking ever. [name_f]Leona[/name_f] is my favorite of your names and I also don’t see it getting extremely popular.

[name_f]Gwen[/name_f] and [name_f]Corrine[/name_f] seem unlikely to become popular. They are very pretty names :slight_smile:

[name_f]Lucia[/name_f] is already getting popular (I know three girls under the age of 10 named [name_f]Lucia[/name_f]).

[name_f]Leona[/name_f] and [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] would be my predictions to not get popular. [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] names are slowly moving up. I’m not really a fan of the combo [name_f]Leona[/name_f] [name_f]Renee[/name_f], I’m sorry. There’s something off about it; it doesn’t come off of the tongue very easily. I do like [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] and that way, you would get to use [name_f]Lucia[/name_f]. But [name_f]Leona[/name_f] is my fave from your list, I just would find a different combo.

I think the only one that is significantly common is [name_f]Lucia[/name_f]. If getting a little more picky, I’d say perhaps [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] and [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] might get slightly more popular too, due to the pop culture comic characters associations ([name_f]Gwen[/name_f] [name_u]Stacy[/name_u] & [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_m]Lance[/name_m]). [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] seems to pop up here and there on these boards, but I’ve never heard it on modern children elsewhere at all.

[name_f]Leona[/name_f] (or [name_f]Corinne[/name_f]) would be your best bet, I think.

Thanks! You all are confirming what I was thinking! My son was going to be [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] 8 years ago when it was unheard of! I still love it but thought it was becoming to popular. I also agree that [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] and [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] could rise.

[name_f]Leona[/name_f] and [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] move to the top of my list! Thank you!

I think [name_f]Leona[/name_f] and [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] will be the least popular. [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] is a fairly safe bet as well.

[name_f]Lucia[/name_f] fits in with trending Italian names (very popular at least here) like [name_f]Gianna[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabella[/name_f], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]'s growth in popularity will lead people to go to variations, and I definitely predict it will jump in popularity soon.

[name_f]Laurel[/name_f] fits in a lot with names like [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], which has grown a lot, and since [name_f]Laura[/name_f] and [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] have become a bit dated people will be looking for alternatives.

[name_f]Gwen[/name_f] has a lot of celebrity recognition (Paltrow and [name_f]Stefani[/name_f]) and fits with popular short names like [name_f]Emma[/name_f], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_f]Ava[/name_f], [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]…although it might be too soon for it to make a comeback. I’m on the fence about this one but wouldn’t be too surprised if it jumped.

[name_f]Leona[/name_f], even though it fits with the trend of “old lady names”, [name_m]Leo[/name_m] is growing in popularity for boys, and it’s easily recognizable, I just don’t see its popularity growing. It hasn’t hit that trend yet, I don’t even think when [name_f]Leona[/name_f] [name_m]Lewis[/name_m] was a popular singer a few years ago that this name made much of a jump, and that would have been when we’d see growth in it.

[name_f]Gwen[/name_f] is popular in wales, you might meet a few there. [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] on the other hand i would say is unlikely to become too popular.

I see [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] and [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] as the least likely to get popular. I think [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] is a great underused name!

I honestly think you can never be certain, anything could happen. A known celebrity could have a daughter and call her one of these, a new film could come out with the main character called one of these, etc. I know that’s not what you want to hear but I think all of these names are kind of ‘safe’ in that she is highly likely to be the only one in her class called it, minus [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] which I can see being used more than the others and so the possibility of a classmate called [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] is higher. I doubt it’ll be much higher but it’s a more common name.

Anyway, for the names you’ve got, I’d put them in this order of safest to use that is less likely to spike in popularity:

Safest: [name_f]Corinne[/name_f]
[name_f]Laurel[/name_f]/[name_f]Leona[/name_f] (tied)
[name_f]Gwen[/name_f]
Least safest: [name_f]Lucia[/name_f]

My favourite is [name_f]Leona[/name_f]. I think it’s a name that is heard of and familiar but it’s not overused or popular. It’s such a sweet name and it’s on my list. I like the combo of [name_f]Leona[/name_f] [name_f]Renee[/name_f], but I also like [name_f]Leona[/name_f] [name_f]Corinne[/name_f], [name_f]Leona[/name_f] [name_f]Maren[/name_f], [name_f]Leona[/name_f] [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] and [name_f]Leona[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps!

[name_f]Gwen[/name_f] - I think all [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] names are rising. I’ve seen [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f]/[name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f] a lot lately.
[name_f]Laurel[/name_f] - it is close to [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] and [name_f]Laura[/name_f] so it seems common.
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f] - I think it will continue to rise because it’s a way to get [name_f]Lucy[/name_f].
[name_f]Leona[/name_f]- there was a singer named [name_f]Leona[/name_f] a few years back but I’m not sure how popular she still is. I think you would be ok with this one.
[name_f]Corinne[/name_f] - this seems to be the best option as a name that won’t gain too much in popularity. [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f], [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f], and [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] [name_f]Leona[/name_f] are all nice combos.

Perfect feedback! I appreciate every comment!