Which Name Would You Choose?

See the results of this poll: Which name would you choose?

Respondents: 40 (This poll is closed)

• Aveline: 8 (20%)
  • Gwendolen: 16 (40%)
  • Isolde: 16 (40%)

I love the name [name]Emily[/name]. It is so sweet, feminine, romantic, and beautiful.

That being said, from your choices I voted for [name]Aveline[/name]. It seemed the most suitable for what you described yourself as. I do love how unique it is. It seems very soft, and sweet - similar to how I described [name]Emily[/name].

[name]Gwendolen[/name] seems a bit harsh. [name]Gwen[/name] is adorable by itself, but the whole name feels very heavy to me. I imagine a extremely skinny woman with black hair past her lower back - with no layers or style, just long locks.

[name]Isolde[/name] has a special place in my heart. One of my favorite stories ever is the old love story of [name]Tristan[/name] and [name]Isolde[/name]. While I do love the character [name]Isolde[/name], to use the name now days seems a little far fetched. It’s not pretty sounding, it’s not aesthetically pleasing to look at, and I just imagine an old Irish lady named that. There are some gorgeous sounding and looking Irish names that I would personally love being named, but I am thankful my parents didn’t name me [name]Isolde[/name]! I would much rather have the name [name]Emily[/name]!

I would pronounce [name]Isolde[/name] as ee-SOLD. :slight_smile:

Hey! Where did [name]Helena[/name] go from your list?! :lol: I think [name]Helena[/name] would suite you very well… plus it’s prettier than the others, imo. A bit popular, maybe? I don’t know.

Anyway, I voted for [name]Gwendolen[/name]. It’s historical and incredibly wonderful, and it has loads of great nickname choices ([name]Gwen[/name], [name]Dolly[/name], [name]Wendy[/name]!).

I ruled out [name]Aveline[/name] because I think it could become very popular very fast, because it sounds like a smush of [name]Emmeline[/name]/[name]Madeline[/name] and [name]Ava[/name]/[name]Eve[/name]. Also, I think it sounds like a brand of cosmetics, for some reason.

[name]Isolde[/name] is gorgeous, but I can’t imagine anyone actually called it. I pronounce it ih-ZOLD, but maybe that’s my British accent talking! I think that [name]Isolda[/name] (ih-zol-DAH)is more usable, and I think I probably like it a tiny bit more.

I am terrible at polls apparently because I want to add [name]Elora[/name] and [name]Geneva[/name] just to get opinions on them. I think [name]Helena[/name] is very pretty but its a bit too common, at least [name]Helen[/name] is.

I’m crossing off [name]Aveline[/name], it seems boring to me now.

I’ll try out the three syllable pronunciation of [name]Isolde[/name], because I love the name. [name]Gwendolen[/name] is amazing isn’t it? I’m just not sure if it would become popular, and I’d be just another [name]Gwendolen[/name].

Thanks for your input! :slight_smile:

I have reached a decision.

[name]Isolde[/name] [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Rose[/name].

My last name starts with K and is one syllable so two middle names is not a stretch.

Any opinions on pronunciation? I favor the two syllable one, it seems less clunky. But should it be i-ZOLD, ee-ZOLD, or ee-SOLD? Or even i-SOLD (my least favorite of the two syllable variations) ?

Thank you for your helpful input! :slight_smile:

[name]Isolde[/name] [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is lovely. [name]Isolde[/name] got my vote in any case! :slight_smile:

Oh my goodness. I apologize for changing my mind so much!

In honor of my great grandmother, I’m replacing [name]Hermione[/name] with [name]Elizabeth[/name]. Less fun, but I think two singular literary heroines is too much for one name. Plus [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Rose[/name] makes [name]Isolde[/name] feel more recognizable to me…if that makes sense. So it’s [name]Isolde[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Rose[/name] :smiley: