Which name.......

[name]Hi[/name],
We had kind of settled on [name]Lilac[/name] for our daughter due in [name]December[/name]…but now I’m thinking about [name]Tallulah[/name]…
Which do you prefer?

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Lilac[/name]! Its so beautiful!

I vote for [name]Lilac[/name] as well. It’s simple yet modern, and won’t run the risk of feeling trendy like [name]Tallulah[/name] might.

While I like them both, I’ll go with [name]Tallulah[/name]. I’ve heard [name]Lilac[/name] pronounced both Lie-lock and Lie-lack. Which way would you be pronouncing it?

I think [name]Lilac[/name] (ligh-lack) is beautiful with a familiar yet noveau feel. It seems like it would age much better than [name]Tallulah[/name].

What middle names are you considering?

I vote lilac :slight_smile:

I’m all for [name]Lilac[/name]! It’s a beautiful name that you don’t hear very often.

I vote [name]Lilac[/name] - I can’t imagine many people could pronounce it wrong, as everyone knows the colour and plant … It is so beautiful, feminine and unusual, too.
Also, [name]Tallulah[/name] has always seemed a little too flamboyant to me (and I really like feminine names, so that’s saying something).

Another vote for [name]Lilac[/name]! :slight_smile:

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

I love both of them for different reasons. [name]Lilac[/name] is beautiful and sweet while [name]Tallulah[/name] is sultry and powerful. [name]Tallulah[/name] also has the strong nickname [name]Lulah[/name]. Also [name]Tally[/name]. It depends on what you’re looking for. The safer choice would be [name]Lilac[/name].

I love [name]Tallulah[/name]! [name]Lilac[/name] seems a little stuffy to me, but that’s just me!

I think that [name]Lilac[/name] is feminine, pretty, sweet and unusual but lovely. It is a more conservatice choice than [name]Tallulah[/name].

If you feel that your daughter would not be a talkative, out there, optimist then opt for [name]Lilac[/name] otherwise [name]Tallulah[/name].

I like [name]Lilac[/name] the best. It’s very pretty, pure, simple and sweet.

much prefer [name]Lilac[/name]. [name]Lovely[/name] name and not over popular

Thanks for the replies…
I think we will be going with [name]Lilac[/name] as this is the name I settled on for a girl very early in pregnancy…and it has stuck. I do worry that people might think its a bit odd, as its never really heard as a name, anymore is it? Where as people have heard of [name]Tallulah[/name]…

Now for middle names…
[name]Lilac[/name] [name]Ariella[/name] [name]Eve[/name] is the full name I had in mind, what do you all think?
Also considering [name]Lilac[/name] [name]Amelie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]…

I like [name]Lilac[/name] [name]Amelie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] better, but both combos are beautiful. I feel that the names flow better between [name]Amelie[/name] and [name]Pearl[/name] than between [name]Ariella[/name] and [name]Eve[/name] because of the vowel sounds at the end of [name]Ariella[/name] and at the beginning of [name]Eve[/name].
[name]Lilac[/name] is such a pretty name, I’m glad you chose that one. [name]Tallulah[/name] (pretty in its own way) always sounded like a mixed drink to me… :slight_smile:

I second everything [name]Jemma[/name] said :smiley:

[name]Lilac[/name] [name]Amelie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] is so beautiful and classic, and has the better flow out of the two, in my opinion. And I just adore [name]Lilac[/name]!