Which name?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] Berries,

My husband and I are expecting a baby girl.

We’ve loved the name [name_f]Esme[/name_f] for a long time (way before we concieved) but have recently discovered the name [name_f]Florence[/name_f].

We think we will use [name_f]Esme[/name_f] (first) & [name_f]Florence[/name_f] (middle). However we do wonder if [name_f]Florence[/name_f] is more acceptable/appreciated/ old but modern/ better liked than [name_f]Esme[/name_f].

We keep reverting back to [name_f]Esme[/name_f] though because we feel that if we did not use it, and did not have another girl, or someone we knew used it, we would regret missing our chance.

But [name_f]Florence[/name_f] is so pretty!

Advice please!! What would you do?

[name_f]Esme[/name_f] is a beautiful name, and so is [name_f]Florence[/name_f]! I would place [name_f]Esme[/name_f] as a first name, and have [name_f]Florence[/name_f] as a middle name. The names compliment each other wonderfully and it’s a lovely combination. If you like this combination, I would totally go for it!

[name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f] is a better combination tbh and I like [name_f]Florence[/name_f] as a name more, but [name_f]Florence[/name_f] [name_f]Esme[/name_f] has a better flow

[name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f] is gorgeous! I’m not sure which name I personally prefer, they’re both lovely, but if you think you’d regret not using [name_f]Esme[/name_f] for her first name I think that’s your answer! And with [name_f]Florence[/name_f] being her middle name you can always call her that sometimes, or use both names together. We sometimes call our daughter [name_f]Athena[/name_f] [name_u]Rio[/name_u], or just [name_u]Rio[/name_u]

[name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f] is gorgeous!

[name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f] makes for a lovely little combo. Neither are at all my style, however, the combo is divine, I must say.

As for your concerns, you seem to adore [name_f]Esme[/name_f] and have done for a very long time, so I’d say definitely leave her up front. If you do decide later on that you’d rather use [name_f]Florence[/name_f], simply have her go by her middle.

[name_f]Esme[/name_f] is so sweet! I’m not too fond of [name_f]Florence[/name_f] sorry. However [name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f] is gorgeous :).

Both are beautiful names and both widely liked and accepted (and popular!) where I live, but if [name_f]Esme[/name_f] is your long-time love then I’d go with that for the first name. If you’ve loved it for years then it’s unlikely you’ll ever go off it or regret your choice. Best of luck!

[name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f] is wonderful. :slight_smile:

Both names are great! I also love [name_f]Florence[/name_f]. I’d go with [name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f] because of the prospect of regretting not using it as a first name.

[name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f] is beautiful. While you might be dazzled by [name_f]Florence[/name_f] right now, you’ve had an enduring love for [name_f]Esme[/name_f] and I think that’s what you should use. I also don’t think [name_f]Florence[/name_f] is better loved than [name_f]Esme[/name_f].

Both are beautiful names, and while [name_f]Florence[/name_f] is my personal favourite, I think I’m this case, I’d vote for [name_f]Esme[/name_f] as the first. It’s the one you keep coming back to and [name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f] is very pretty

I prefer [name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f]

[name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f] is fine. If you happen to end up liking [name_f]Florence[/name_f] better, you can call your daughter by her middle name.

They’re both such pretty names! In the UK [name_f]Florence[/name_f] is really, really popular now, which might mean it’ll catch on in other countries too soon. Whether that’s a plus or not I don’t know, it all depends I suppose! But I think [name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f] sounds beautiful.