Which names did YOU pick?

What did u end up naming your kids and why?

My husband and I just got hitched last [name]April[/name]. We currently have no children but are hoping to conceive by the end of 2010. We have a wide range of names we love. We love reading the advice that some of you woman give. My husband and I are unfortunatly name fanatics. We make fu of ourselves all the time. Our firneds think we’re freaks. We are! :stuck_out_tongue: We are curious to know the names that you all have chosen. This way we’ll know who has commmon tastes as us. We we=ill know whose advice to trust.

I have already posted parts of this info on another thread, but here is the long version.

Having lived with an old-fashioned name, I have always leaned towards more mainstream (yet classic) names when considering names for my kids. That said, I am the mother of…

(1) [name]Daniel[/name] [name]Glen[/name]:
[name]Daniel[/name] was the name my husband and I FINALLY agreed on. I had loved the names [name]David[/name], [name]Peter[/name], and [name]Eric[/name] for a long time… but my sister used [name]David[/name] first; my husband did not go for [name]Peter[/name]; and [name]Eric[/name] was eliminated because it was too rhymey with our last name. My husband and I would each make suggestions that the other was not sold on. However, when he suggested [name]Daniel[/name], I knew our search was over. I had to admit it was a fabulous name. I have been happy with it ever since! [name]Even[/name] though it is technically very popular, my son has not run into many [name]Daniels[/name]. The yearbook for our neighborhood elementary school shows 4 [name]Daniels[/name] out of around 550 students. He goes by [name]Daniel[/name], but I sometimes call him [name]Dan[/name]-[name]Man[/name].

For [name]Daniel[/name]'s middle name: I wanted to use [name]August[/name] after my grandfather, but [name]Glen[/name] was my father-in-law’s middle name, and I agreed to use it.

(2) [name]Timothy[/name] [name]Austin[/name]:
For our second son, we were really stuck! I was worried that we were never going to agree on another boy’s name. (By that time, I had the book “Beyond [name]Jennifer[/name] and [name]Jason[/name],” which I consulted.) Anyway, I’d half-heartedly suggest [name]Stephen[/name]… He’d suggest [name]Ethan[/name]…, etc. , but neither of us were impressed with the others’ ideas. When he eventually mentioned [name]Timothy[/name], I realized it was a name I had always held in high regard, but had completely overlooked while focusing so long on my relatively small set of favorites. We also liked that it was another Bible name. As it turned out, I truly love and enjoy the name [name]Timothy[/name]. I can’t imagine any other name for him. I think it is sophisticated and cute at the same time. We call him [name]Timothy[/name], which he prefers. However, people outside the family are prone to calling him [name]Tim[/name]. At home, I sometimes call him Timbers.

For [name]Timothy[/name]'s middle name, I really, really, wanted to use [name]August[/name] after my grandfather. When I was a teenager, I told my grandfather that I would name a son after him someday. [name]Timothy[/name] happened to be born in the month of [name]August[/name], which made it even more perfect. However, it was a flat “no” from my husband. I felt so badly that I could not use the name. My husband suggested [name]Austin[/name] as an alternative, which is supposed to be a variation of [name]Augustine[/name], so I settled for that.

(3) [name]Rebecca[/name] [name]Jane[/name]:
I had my heart set on the name [name]Rebecca[/name] for about seven years before she was born. (Before that, for the longest time, I had planned on [name]Christina[/name] for a future daughter.) However, I met someone named [name]Rebecca[/name] and was reminded of what a great name it was - so upbeat, classic, and pretty. It made me think of [name]Rebecca[/name] of Sunnybrook Farm and [name]Becky[/name] [name]Thatcher[/name] in [name]Tom[/name] [name]Sawyer[/name]. I just loved it. Luckily, my husband was immediatley in agreement with it. (I did consider naming her [name]Marissa[/name] - especially on the way home from the hospital - but I worked through those second thoughts and am pleased with our choice.) She likes her name too!

Her middle name being [name]Jane[/name] was never a question. My mother was [name]Mary[/name] [name]Jane[/name], and [name]Jane[/name] is my middle name.

[name]Rebecca[/name] does not use a nickname. She insists on being called [name]Rebecca[/name]. Nonetheless, I always thought [name]Becky[/name] was very cute and liked it more than [name]Becca[/name] (after knowing a very pretentious [name]Becca[/name] in high school). However, I have NEVER been able to call my daughter [name]Becky[/name]. She is just NOT a [name]Becky[/name]. [name]Becca[/name] fits her much better, and I do sometimes call her [name]Becca[/name] [name]Jane[/name] around the house (and occasionally [name]Beck[/name], Bex). However, everyone else only calls her [name]Rebecca[/name].