Which names do you prefer ?

I’m expecting a baby girl in [name]December[/name], me and my husband both love the following names

[name]Brielle[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name]
[name]Lauren[/name]

I want a classy, sophisticated name. What are your thoughts? Any standouts? Middle name suggestions would also be helpful :slight_smile: Thanks.

[name]Hi[/name]! I like your names, except for [name]Brielle[/name]. My name is actually [name]Lauren[/name]. I think something like [name]Eliana[/name] [name]Lauren[/name] would be pretty, depending on your last name! Good luck!

If you want a classy name I suggest [name]Gabrielle[/name] nn [name]Brielle[/name]. I think [name]Gabrielle[/name] is one of the prettiest names around.

[name]Gabrielle[/name] [name]Liliana[/name] is my suggestion. I feel that [name]Brielle[/name] on its own is not substantial enough but has the WOW factor when you make it [name]Gabrielle[/name].

I really like the name [name]Gabrielle[/name], and [name]Gabriella[/name]. I took it out because I have a nephew named [name]Gabriel[/name] and I felt it was too similar.

I really like the name [name]Gabrielle[/name], and [name]Gabriella[/name]. I took it out because I have a nephew named [name]Gabriel[/name] and I felt it was too similar.[/quote]

The subject of whether to use the name that someone you know has already comes up all the time.

I say use this name if it is your first love, of course mention your love of it to your relation but it shouldn’t be taboo.

So first, I have to admit my bias, which should really eliminate my opinion. My daughter’s name is [name]Lilianna[/name]. So, you probably know which one is my favorite :wink:

In order of my favorites:

[name]Liliana[/name] (obviously!)

[name]Eliana[/name] - It has the same sound and feel that made me fall in love with [name]Liliana[/name].

[name]Brielle[/name] - I think this is very pretty, but prefer [name]Gabrielle[/name]. I see that that will not likely work for you, though. A similar name that I have fallen in love with is [name]Marielle[/name]. Perhaps that is another option.

[name]Lauren[/name] - This is not my style. It just does not seem as soft as the others on your list. On the other hand, I do like [name]Laurel[/name].

I don’t really have any suggestions for mn, but I am sure that others will have tons.

[name]Brielle[/name] - to me, this just doesn’t ring with a ‘classy, sophisticated’ air.
[name]Eliana[/name] - pretty.
[name]Liliana[/name] - beautiful.
[name]Lauren[/name] - a classic, but to my mind it is a little plainer than the others, and so feels less sophisticated.

My vote is definitely for [name]Liliana[/name], with [name]Eliana[/name] in second place.

Could you give us an indication of the sort of middle name that you would like? Quirky/to honour a family member/classic/short/long/unisex etc.

Good luck!

Thanks ! It seems that so far [name]Liliana[/name] and [name]Eliana[/name] seem to be the favorites. For the middle name I wanted something quirky, unique not common or ordinary like the usual filler middle names, [name]Clarie[/name], [name]Jane[/name], [name]Lynn[/name] etc. Because [name]Liliana[/name] is girly, I want something strong / powerful like [name]Emerald[/name], [name]Morgan[/name], [name]Sage[/name] etc.

I really like the name [name]Gabrielle[/name], and [name]Gabriella[/name]. I took it out because I have a nephew named [name]Gabriel[/name] and I felt it was too similar.[/quote]

The name [name]Danielle[/name]/[name]Daniella[/name] reminds me A LOT of [name]Gabrielle[/name].
Also [name]Arielle[/name] and [name]Giselle[/name]/[name]Gisselle[/name] and [name]Marcelle[/name]/[name]Marcella[/name].

[name]Brielle[/name] - Not really a fan, sorry.
[name]Eliana[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this, also if your little girl turns out to be a tomboy she can go by [name]Eli[/name], or [name]Anna[/name], and a girly girl will love [name]Eliana[/name].
[name]Liliana[/name] - This is my second favourite, very cute!
[name]Lauren[/name] - This is my sister-in-law’s name and its very sweet, and has lots of nickname potential; [name]Laurie[/name], Lolls, Lo, [name]Loulou[/name], etc.

[name]Eliana[/name] and [name]Liliana[/name] are my favourites though. I hope I’ve helped a little.

Okay, since it appears that you will likely go with [name]Liliana[/name] or [name]Eliana[/name], I will try to list some possible combos. I am not as good at this as others are, but I will try. Also, because [name]Liliana[/name] and [name]Eliana[/name] are four syllable names, it is probably best to stick to a shorter (one or two syllable) mn.

Here are some possible combos:

[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Avery[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Brooke[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Brynn[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Cadence[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Camille[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Caprice[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Cecile[/name] - this is my favorite
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Clarice[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Faye[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Haven[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Neve[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Paige[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Reese[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Sage[/name] - of the mn you listed, I like this the best
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Skye[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Tamsin[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Tyne[/name]

I only used [name]Liliana[/name] because I thought that most of the above combos would work for [name]Eliana[/name] as well. I don’t know that all of these will fit your criteria, but I tried to give you a lot of options. Again, I am sorry I am not as good at this as others. Hopefully they will have some awesome suggestions for you.

With [name]Liliana[/name] and [name]Eliana[/name], I would avoid a name beginning with a vowel sound, especially an A, so that the names don’t blend together. In case flow isn’t important to you, however, I have still included vowel names.

Names which I think are quirky, unusual, strong and powerful :
[name]Adhara[/name]
Adrasteia
Alodia
Aludra
[name]Andromeda[/name]
[name]Antigone[/name] (ant-ig-on-ee)
[name]Aphrodite[/name]
[name]Ariadne[/name]
[name]Armida[/name]
[name]Bellatrix[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name]
Bodiccea
[name]Calanthe[/name] (cal-an-thee)
[name]Cassandra[/name]
Carme
[name]Circe[/name] (undesirable connotation)
Coriander
[name]Corona[/name]
[name]Cosette[/name]
[name]Cressida[/name] (CRESS-a-da)
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Edana[/name]
[name]Elektra[/name]/[name]Electra[/name]
[name]Emerald[/name]
Eponine
[name]Evadne[/name]
[name]Fantine[/name]
[name]Fenella[/name]
[name]Ginger[/name]
[name]Hebe[/name]
Hekate
[name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Ianthe[/name] (yan-thee)
[name]Ismene[/name] (is-men-ee)
[name]Isolde[/name] (iz-old-uh)
[name]Jade[/name]
[name]Jezebel[/name] (very undesirable connotation)
[name]Lucasta[/name]
[name]Luna[/name]
[name]Miriam[/name]
[name]Nephele[/name]
[name]Nerissa[/name]
[name]Pandora[/name]
[name]Phaedra[/name]
[name]Roxanne[/name]/a
[name]Saffron[/name]
[name]Selene[/name]
Sheherezade
[name]Tamara[/name]
[name]Thalia[/name]
[name]Theia[/name]
[name]Thisbe[/name]
[name]Undine[/name]
[name]Vega[/name]
[name]Xena[/name].

Many of these have beautiful stories and meanings attached - search for them on www.behindthename.com if you are interested. If you’re unsure of any of the pronunciations, just let me know.

[name]Just[/name] some ideas - most of them are an acquired taste, so I won’t be offended if you don’t like any!

Good luck!

Thanks twinkle and k_lareese, I’ve thought about the middle names and the ones I really like are

[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Cecile[/name]
[name]Sage[/name]
[name]Emerald[/name]
[name]Jade[/name]

My husband likes [name]Jade[/name], [name]Camille[/name] and [name]Cecile[/name]

[name]Love[/name] [name]Liliana[/name] and [name]Eliana[/name]!! They’re beautiful:)

[name]Brielle[/name]: [name]Brielle[/name] doesn’t feel classy or sophisticated to me.

[name]Annabelle[/name]
[name]Mirabelle[/name]
[name]Rosabelle[/name]
[name]Bryony[/name] (plant name)

You may also like [name]Sabrina[/name].

[name]Eliana[/name]: I think this name is beautiful, and it does feel classy and sophisticated to me.

[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Camille[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Mireille[/name] (meer-AY)
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Simone[/name]

[name]Liliana[/name]: I love this, too!

[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Camille[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Delphine[/name] (floral theme, though)
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Simone[/name]

[name]Lauren[/name]: [name]Lauren[/name] feels too trendy to me for me to think of it as classy or sophisticated, but I love [name]Eliana[/name] and [name]Liliana[/name]. :slight_smile:

What about [name]Laurel[/name], [name]Lorelei[/name], or [name]Laura[/name]?

My apologies for repeats. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

I think [name]Lilianna[/name] [name]Camille[/name] is gorgeous!

(PS - It happens to be 2 of the names on my short list, too:)

Funny - [name]Brielle[/name] (except I changed it to [name]Briella[/name]) and [name]Eliana[/name] were both on my list, but hubby didn’t like them.

[name]Brielle[/name] -i liked [name]Briella[/name] better
[name]Eliana[/name] - i like this a lot
[name]Liliana[/name] - - the [name]Lily[/name] thing is too popular
[name]Lauren[/name] - i like this the least on your list, but it is still a beautiful name.

My favorite is [name]Eliana[/name].

I like [name]Eliana[/name] best ([name]Liliana[/name] and [name]Lauren[/name] are also not bad). Of the middle names you listed I like [name]Camille[/name] and [name]Jade[/name].

Definitely not [name]Brielle[/name].

If you want classy and sophisticated, I think [name]Lauren[/name] actually does that best without sounding nouveau riche ([name]Lauren[/name] Bacall, [name]Lauren[/name] Hutton).

[name]Liliana[/name] is pretty, but there will be lots of [name]Lily[/name]'s around, which will probably end up being her nickname, thus between [name]Liliana[/name] and [name]Eliana[/name], I’d go with [name]Eliana[/name].

[name]Deirdre[/name] - I had to smile at this. My name’s [name]Gabriella[/name] and I can’t count the number of times people have misremembered my name as [name]Daniella[/name]! You’re obviously right about them feeling the same!