Which Names Work From My Family Tree?

I was inspired by @Randomdude555 post about using names with their family tree!

I recently have been researching my family tree and trying to go back as far as I can to figure out my history. I found a few really great names that I most likely will use as middle names.

Which names do you think would work well in this time period? Any names you would pair together? Any names that absolutely wouldn’t work or go over well now?
(Names in bold are family members I would particularly like to honor and would be more sentimental as an honor middle name)

Girl Names

[name_f]Denise[/name_f]
[name_f]Helen[/name_f]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Mary[/name_f]
[name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Marcella[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f]
[name_f]Belle[/name_f]
[name_f]Henrietta[/name_f]
[name_f]Della[/name_f]
[name_f]Jeanette[/name_f]
[name_f]Marla[/name_f]
[name_f]Marguerite[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Leontine[/name_f]
[name_f]Letitia[/name_f]
[name_f]Melanie[/name_f]
[name_f]Adeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Virginia[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]
Rosalle
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
Julla
[name_f]Adele[/name_f]
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Agnes[/name_f]

Boy Names

[name_m]David[/name_m]
[name_u]Scott[/name_u]
[name_m]Jason[/name_m]
[name_u]Robert[/name_u]
[name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Walter[/name_m]
[name_m]Lyon[/name_m]
[name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_m]Hugh[/name_m]
[name_m]Raymond[/name_m]
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_u]Alva[/name_u]
[name_m]Adrian[/name_m]
[name_m]Sylvester[/name_m]
[name_m]Leon[/name_m]
[name_m]Joseph[/name_m]
[name_m]Pierre[/name_m]
[name_m]Marquis[/name_m]
[name_u]Antoine[/name_u]
[name_m]Edwin[/name_m]
[name_m]Prosper[/name_m]

1 Like

Ones I like the most:

[name_f]Marcella[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f]
[name_f]Della[/name_f]
[name_f]Henrietta[/name_f]
[name_f]Leontine[/name_f]
[name_m]Walter[/name_m]
[name_m]Sylvester[/name_m]
[name_m]Pierre[/name_m]
[name_u]Antoine[/name_u]
[name_m]Prosper[/name_m]

Ways to honour the ones in bold (that comme to mind immediately):
[name_f]Marcella[/name_f] - [name_f]Marceline[/name_f], [name_m]Marcel[/name_m]
[name_f]Helen[/name_f] - [name_f]Nell[/name_f], [name_f]Nella[/name_f], [name_f]Helena[/name_f], [name_f]Helene[/name_f], [name_f]Lena[/name_f], [name_f]Leni[/name_f]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] - [name_f]Margot[/name_f], [name_f]Greta[/name_f], [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], [name_f]Mara[/name_f], [name_f]Etta[/name_f], [name_f]Margalo[/name_f]
[name_u]Scott[/name_u] - maybe Scottish names?
[name_m]Raymond[/name_m] - [name_u]Rae[/name_u], [name_f]Ramona[/name_f], [name_m]Ramon[/name_m]

1 Like

here are some combos with them i just made up on the spot

[name_f]Marcella[/name_f] [name_f]Denise[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Melanie[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] [name_f]Leontine[/name_f]
[name_f]Della[/name_f] [name_f]Marguerite[/name_f]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f] [name_f]Jeanette[/name_f]

1 Like

I really like [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f], [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], [name_f]Adeline[/name_f], [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f], [name_f]Adele[/name_f], [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_m]Adrian[/name_m], [name_m]Leon[/name_m], [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] and [name_u]Antoine[/name_u]. Most of these names would totally work in the present day. Some of them do feel a bit outdated to me, like [name_f]Denise[/name_f], [name_f]Jeanette[/name_f] and [name_f]Agnes[/name_f], but that’s not a bad thing. [name_f]Vintage[/name_f] names are cool.

1 Like

Adeline Letitia
Leontine Adele
Helen Margaret

Raymond Edwin
Adrian Michael
Scott Thomas
David James

Check out my forum too, would love to see more replies :smile: CAF (6 kids) from my family, pt 2

1 Like

@enwmn Those are some of my favorites too! Some really pretty ones I didn’t know ran in my family. I never thought of [name_f]Nell[/name_f] or [name_f]Lena[/name_f] or [name_f]Helen[/name_f]! I’m curious how you got [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] and [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] from [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]? Is there a floral piece I don’t know about? [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is one of our top names and I didn’t know it was related!

@judy.newstead I’m loving [name_f]Marcella[/name_f] [name_f]Denise[/name_f], [name_f]Melanie[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], and [name_f]Della[/name_f] [name_f]Marguerite[/name_f]! Thank you!

@Randomdude555 Thanks for your post by the way! It was really fun to think about combining some of these names. I agree on those favorites those are some of my favorites too. [name_f]Denise[/name_f] is really a name I would love to use and honor, but I just don’t feel like it fits today. [name_m]Even[/name_m] in the middle name spot unfortunately.

@ajenni10 [name_f]Helen[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] and [name_u]Scott[/name_u] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] are my favorites but these are all really great suggestions! Thank you!

1 Like

[name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is the meaning of [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] and [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] is a meaning of [name_f]Marguerite[/name_f] so I’ve heard them both used as nicknames for [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]!

1 Like

I can see any of them working if you really love them. My particular favorites are Helen, Margaret, Marcella, Belle, Jeanette, Adele, and Cordelia for girls; Walter, Thomas, Pierre, and Edwin for boys. They would all make rather unexpected, but classic choices for children born today, imo. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@enwmn Wow! That is so cool! I had no idea using [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] would honor two of my family members. Thank you for that :grinning:

@elanorelle Those are all great options. I’d use some of those as first names and definitely any of them for middle names. Thank you!

2 Likes

All of these work!!!

1 Like