Which of these quirky -in names do you prefer?

See the results of this poll: Florin or Lupin?

Respondents: 46 (This poll is closed)

• Florin : 29 (63%)
  • Lupin: 17 (37%)

I prefer [name_m]Florin[/name_m] but I like both! They both have sort of a floral “princeliness”, but [name_m]Florin[/name_m] feels peppier while Lupin feels a little more mysterious

I love Lupin. One of my favourite flowers and one of my favourite fictional characters ([name_m]Remus[/name_m] Lupin). I also associate it with one of my favourite childhood stories, Miss Rumphius, a beautiful true story about a woman who spreads lupine seeds as she travels the world.

I prefer [name_m]Florin[/name_m] as Lupin sounds too surnamey to me due to [name_m]Remus[/name_m] Lupin. Not that that’s a bad thing, I love HP and [name_m]Remus[/name_m]'s character, I’m just not a fan of surnames as firsts.

[name_m]Remus[/name_m] Lupin is one of my favorite characters, so I would always associate the name with him—not that he’s a bad namesake, but I would have a hard time separating it.

But… [name_m]Florin[/name_m] makes me think of The [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Bride[/name_f], and I’d rather an association with [name_m]Remus[/name_m] Lupin than [name_m]Prince[/name_m] Humperdink :slight_smile:

So Lupin it is.

I adore [name_m]Florin[/name_m].

I prefer Lupin for a boy! The first one is my name, so I have a hard time to see it on a boy.

Thanks for all the votes and comments. [name_m]Florin[/name_m] coming out on top!

I don’t care for either. Sorry

[name_m]Florin[/name_m]! it’s so handsome and prince-like.
I agree that Lupin reminds me of lupus. it is a nice name though, so I wouldn’t mind meeting a little Lupin!

Definitely [name_m]Florin[/name_m]!