Which one and why?

See the results of this poll: Henry OR Nathaniel OR Julian?

Respondents: 39 (This poll is closed)

• Henry Oliver: 14 (36%)
  • Nathaniel James: 16 (41%)
  • Julian Patrick: 9 (23%)

I choose [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]James[/name] because of its great flow, meaning and looks. I also love the nickname potential of [name]Nathaniel[/name] and its literary connotations.

Also picked [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]James[/name].

I always loved the name [name]James[/name] and [name]Nathaniel[/name] and it’s true that a lot of good nicks follows.

I really like boyfriend’s name which is [name]Henri[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name], both awesome names and I prefer the I ending to the Y cause [name]Henry[/name] looks way more like and old man to me.

All of the names on your poll are amazing, but I picked [name]Henry[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] because I just love both of those names. I know [name]Henry[/name] is really popular, but it’s just so handsome and fun.

I picked [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]James[/name] because those are two of my favorite names and the flow is fabulous!
I love [name]Nathaniel[/name] because it has such a distinguished sound, while still being soft. It is not overly used at all, but is still a sound classic with a familiar appeal. It’s everything you love about [name]Daniel[/name] with the far more handsome and strong beginning. It is also the kind of name that a boy can really make his own, with short forms [name]Nathan[/name], [name]Nate[/name], or [name]Nat[/name].

[name]James[/name] is, of course, just an all around handsome name.

My second choice, though, would be [name]Julian[/name] [name]Patrick[/name], which also has great flow, and feels like a very well thought out combo (as much as I love [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]James[/name], in some ways this combo is the most interesting of the three). I do love the name [name]Julian[/name], but my concern would be that it is a little bit on the feminine side.

You can’t go wrong with [name]Henry[/name] [name]Oliver[/name], but it feels like the kind of name that’s been done already and is not particularly interesting. Also, with [name]Henry[/name] seemingly rising in popularity, this name might not be as distinct as the others.

Thanks for the comments - keep 'em coming!

Someone noted that [name]Julian[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] sounds slightly feminine, which is something that definitely concerned me! Also, I know that [name]Henry[/name] is popular, but I really like it, so I’m not worried.

Again, I appreciate it!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

All your names are great [name]Lemon[/name].

[name]Henry[/name] and [name]Nathaniel[/name] are two of my personal favourites so I had to pick those!
I like [name]Patrick[/name] a lot, [name]Julian[/name] a little less so but still a fine name.

I hope that, when you meet your partner, he shares your excellent taste!

Now that’s the key, isn’t it? Ha! Thank you.

[name]Julian[/name]! I don’t like [name]Henry[/name] and while I love [name]Nathaniel[/name] he’d just end up being called [name]Nate[/name].

I’m in looooove with [name]Julian[/name]. L-O-V-E. [name]Julian[/name] to me is the epitome of my perfect guy (sorry DH). I picture [name]Julian[/name] to have dark, hair green eyes, and a sexy smile. He’s romantic and writes poetry. There is something dangerously mysterious about him. All that said most people I’ve asked about [name]Julian[/name] think it’s too soft for boy. I don’t care what some people say [name]Julian[/name] will always be close to my heart.
I’m not sure I like it with [name]Patrick[/name] that may be due to the fact I’ve never really loved [name]Patrick[/name].
Your other names are very nice but as long they run against my “true love” :wink: I’ll never be able to vote for them.

…but I like [name]Nate[/name], too… :wink:

I love your description! Thank you! That is pretty much how I picture [name]Julian[/name], but it does sound a bit light compared to [name]Nathaniel[/name], in particular - at least I think so. But, who cares, right? [name]Julian[/name] can be a manly man and still be called the dashing [name]Julian[/name] in my book…

See, I adore [name]Patrick[/name]. I think it is handsome and strong, and that’s why I like it with [name]Julian[/name] - it anchors it in a way for me. Two other combinations could be [name]Julian[/name] [name]Russell[/name] or [name]Julian[/name] [name]Thomas[/name], but [name]Julian[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] really makes me swoon more…

Again, I appreciate all the comments, Berries!

[name]Henry[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]! It just sounds so cute yet sophisticated at the same time! [name]Henry[/name] is actually really starting to grow on me!

[name]Henry[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] was at the top of our list - until Hubs noticed he’d be H.O. H_____. :slight_smile:

But I voted for [name]Julian[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] anyway… I love, love, love it!

Bounce and Robot, I appreciate your kind comments! And, that HOH think is a bit funny…

[name]Do[/name] you all think these three could be brothers? Or just two?

I voted for [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]James[/name]- soooo cute! I love the nn [name]Nate[/name], which is why I picked it. [name]Julian[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] is really cute, but a little too feminine for my taste [i think [name]Julia[/name] [name]Patricia[/name]… I would be afraid they’d call him [name]Julie[/name] or [name]Pat[/name]] I have never been particularly fond of [name]Henry[/name], though its definatley far from a bad choice. So I went with [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]James[/name]- nice flow, great nn, and I too love the literary ties it has.

I voted for [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]James[/name]- soooo cute! I love the nn [name]Nate[/name], which is why I picked it. [name]Julian[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] is really cute, but a little too feminine for my taste [i think [name]Julia[/name] [name]Patricia[/name]… I would be afraid they’d call him [name]Julie[/name] or [name]Pat[/name]] I have never been particularly fond of [name]Henry[/name], though its definatley far from a bad choice. So I went with [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]James[/name]- nice flow, great nn, and I too love the literary ties it has.[/quote]

Savvy,

That hadn’t even occurred to me with [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Hawthorne[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] [name]James[/name]. Thanks for pointing that out - even better!

Oh, goodness! [name]Julie[/name] for [name]Julian[/name]? I’d have to enforce a strict no-nickname policy, then. :wink:

Thanks!

Well if you like [name]Nate[/name] too definitely [name]Nathaniel[/name] and [name]Julian[/name] would be close second :slight_smile:

Okay, thanks! Can you tell me why you don’t care for [name]Henry[/name]? [name]Just[/name] curious…

Appreciate the comments as always!

I don’t really know, I just never cared for it. I guess I find [name]Henry[/name] to generic, but [name]Julian[/name] and [name]Nathaniel[/name] aren’t exactly super unusual either. [name]Oliver[/name] is beautiful as a middle name though.