Which one and why?

Thanks for the clarification. I know my taste in names might be considered a bit bland or stuffy, but I’m a sucker for simple, vintage classics - what can I say? I really do appreciate hearing from you all, though, and thanks for the compliment about [name]Oliver[/name]!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Lemon[/name],
Right away I picked [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Nathaniel[/name]…what a great sib-set! [name]Julian[/name] just doesn’t fit in with those two names…[name]Henry[/name] and [name]Nathaniel[/name] bring to mind great books and great author’s names!

I picked [name]Henry[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Julian[/name] [name]Patrick[/name]. I’ve always thought [name]Julian[/name] was such a handsome name, and I’m a sucker for the nickname [name]Jules[/name], I think it’s awesome! [name]Henry[/name] is a great strong classic, and even though it’s popular it doesn’t bother me… boys names can be popular but still work just fine (as long as they’re classics!)

I’m personally just not fond of [name]Nathaniel[/name], it seems stuffy, and I knew a really strange [name]Nathaniel[/name] in high school. That being said, I can definitely see the three as siblings! They do go great together :slight_smile:

I think they’re all fine names, but I eliminated [name]Julian[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] and voted for the other two.

[name]Julian[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] is the male form of my second daughter’s name [name]Julianne[/name] [name]Patricia[/name] (the latter being my actual first name, [name]Ellen[/name] being my middle name – there, my secret is out! :wink: ). When [name]Julian[/name] was mentioned as a possibility for a family baby on the way, I asked [name]Julie[/name] what she thought of the name. She thinks it’s not very masculine sounding, and I agree, particularly in the US.

[name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]James[/name] - love [name]James[/name] (have a son and grandson with that name) and like [name]Nathaniel[/name] a lot too, but IF it were shortened, I’d go with “[name]Nat[/name]”.

[name]Henry[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] - most likely our grandson due in [name]April[/name] will be named [name]Henry[/name], so I’m noticing that name every where and liking it more and more! I like [name]Oliver[/name] best as a middle name, but the initials H. O. might not work with some surnames.

Thanks, ladies!

It seems that the jury is out on [name]Julian[/name]. I do admit that [name]Nathaniel[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] are my favorites! They seem to work together very well. If someone has a suggestion of another name that would work well with these two, or with [name]Julian[/name], I’d be more than willing to hear it!

[name]Ellen[/name], thanks for the [name]Nat[/name] suggestion! That is very cute! I know the HO ([name]Henry[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]) initials aren’t swell with many surnames - secretly, I want a P surname so his initials could be HOP (then I could call him [name]Hopper[/name] - maybe that is the dorkiest thing ever!)…

Again, thanks, and keep 'em coming!

Our little [name]Henry[/name] (if his parents stick with the name) will have a P surname, but his middle name will begin with an M, just like his two older brothers.

Another of my sons is really into initials that spell a word: his are RAP and his sons’ are [name]CAP[/name], AMP, and [name]NAP[/name].

Our little [name]Henry[/name] (if his parents stick with the name) will have a P surname, but his middle name will begin with an M, just like his two older brothers.

Another of my sons is really into initials that spell a word: his are RAP and his sons’ are [name]CAP[/name], AMP, and [name]NAP[/name].[/quote]

What do you think of [name]Hopper[/name] as a pet name, [name]Ellen[/name]? Pretty silly?

Anyway, in my family, my brother is BAM. My mom used to call him Bam Bam after the character in The Flinstones. Mine are [name]LEM[/name], hence lemon, and my sister’s are SPM - they always make me think of spam!

Take care!

Now that’s the key, isn’t it? Ha! Thank you.[/quote]

Maybe, you should check out whether any potential boyfriend share your taste early on and eliminate him if he doesn’t!!

My husband and I battled++ to agree on names for all of our children. He finally agreed to [name]Cecily[/name] (one of my favourites) third time around but the other two were definitely compromises. I have to admit it did stress me out a lot! :slight_smile:

[name]Henry[/name] is fantastic- I would definitely use it myself but wouldn’t be allowed to :frowning:
[name]Nathaniel[/name] is so manly and I love the nn [name]Nate[/name].

[name]Ah[/name], mummyto3, now that wouldn’t be so fair to my boyfriends, now would it? Perhaps they will see the light at some point…

PS [name]Cecily[/name] is amazing! I love - love, love, love! - it!

Darn it, I had written a very thorough reply to this and left my computer, and when I came back it had gotten unplugged! I won’t write all I wrote before, but I’ll tell you I voted for [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]James[/name]!

[name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]James[/name] is just perfect in every way. It’s strong and regal, but has the fun and masculine nickname [name]Nate[/name]. If I were running an audition, and I saw the name [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]James[/name] on the list, I would 1st: swoon. 2nd: study every guy in the room, trying to figure out which one was him. 3rd: give myself a mental high-five when I was right ([name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]James[/name] is obviously the most attractive and charismatic man in the room!) 4th: (assuming this scenario was in the past, well before I met my husband) Ask him if he wanted to go hang out at [name]Denny[/name]'s after and talk about his life goals and favorite baby names. :wink:

Ha! [name]Lyndsay[/name], that’s classic. Chatting about baby names over a [name]Denny[/name]'s breakfast…I love it!