Which one do you like?

I have recently fallen in love with this name, but I cannot decide which one I like better. Are these the same name or two different names? [name]Both[/name] mean “first born daughter” which is what I am expecting in [name]December[/name]. [name]Just[/name] curious if you have any feedback for me? I want to add it to my short list, but not sure which one…

1. Pronunciation: I think that these are said differently, do you? [name]Winona[/name] said “Whi-nona” vs [name]Wynonna[/name] said “Why-nona”

2. On Paper: In this category for me [name]Wynonna[/name] wins; I like how feminine it looks in writing. Double n is nice, but should liking a name written down count for anything when making a decision?

3. Nicknames; [name]Winona[/name] = [name]Winnie[/name] &/or [name]Nona[/name]. [name]Wynonna[/name] = Only [name]Nona[/name], I don’t think [name]Winnie[/name] works as well. My husband is a sucker for ie names & I see him liking [name]Winnie[/name] more than [name]Nona[/name]. [name]Do[/name] you think that [name]Winona[/name] is one of those where people would automatically shorten it? Would choosing [name]Wynonna[/name] force people to use her full name? [name]Do[/name] I have to do [name]Winona[/name] if I want [name]Winnie[/name] to be an option?

4. I generally do not lean towards unusual names. [name]Do[/name] you consider this name unusual or just uncommon?

Well, [name]Winona[/name] makes me think of [name]Winona[/name] [name]Ryder[/name] and [name]Wynonna[/name] makes me think of [name]Wynonna[/name] [name]Judd[/name]. I pronounce [name]Winona[/name] as wih-NO-nuh and [name]Wynonna[/name] as WHY-no-nuh. Honestly, if I have to choose one, I’m only choosing [name]Winona[/name]. It looks more streamlined and elegant to me, and [name]Wynonna[/name] looks a little goofy to me. I don’t know why. Probably the Y and the double N’s. [name]Winona[/name]'s pronunciation is also more sophisticated, I think, as it easily rolls off the tongue. Plus, I think [name]Winnie[/name] is a cute nickname. [name]Win[/name], Winner, [name]Winnie[/name], Winna, [name]Nonnie[/name], [name]Nona[/name]. [name]Winona[/name] is a winner.

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile: