Which one do you prefer? (And help for middles!)

See the results of this poll: Which one?

Respondents: 72 (This poll is closed)

• Rose : 35 (49%)
  • Elise: 37 (51%)

I prefer [name_f]Elise[/name_f]. [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is beautiful, but [name_f]Elise[/name_f] is very nice and stands out more than [name_f]Rose[/name_f].

Thank you! :slight_smile:

I think the advantage to [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is that you could use [name_f]Elise[/name_f] as a middle name! [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f] is charming, I don’t see [name_f]Elise[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] or [name_f]Elise[/name_f] with any of the other names you gave working as well.

Thanks for your help! However, I think we would keep whichever name we don’t pick as a possibility in case we have a 2nd daughter! Would [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Elise[/name_f] work as siblings?

I’m no help because I love both and can’t decide. Both timeless and elegant. They would work beautifully as siblings too. I would wait until baby gets here.

Thank you ! I’m glad you think they’d work as siblings, too!

[name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Elise[/name_f] would be a beautiful sibset :slight_smile:

I have always been partial to the charmingly simple [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f] is pretty, too, but I vote [name_f]Rose[/name_f] all the way :slight_smile:

[name_f]Elise[/name_f] seems prettier and more unique to me
I know way too many girls named [name_f]Rose[/name_f] itt’s starting to become almost annoying!
If you really want tthe nickname [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] go for something like [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] instead

Thanks for your help, everyone ! Unfortunately, the poll is now at 50/50! Haha I guess I can be sure that both names are great! I’m not too worried about [name_f]Rose[/name_f]'s popularity since there aren’t very many here (I haven’t met a single one).

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you guys have any recommendations for middles?

The middles that come to mind for me are [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] and [name_f]Marguerite[/name_f]; both would be beautiful with either name :slight_smile:

Both super cute! I have always been in love with [name_f]Amelie[/name_f], but one of our closest friends is name does that, so we can’t have it as a first. Hadn’t really considered is as a middle, though! [name_f]Marguerite[/name_f] is also lovely with [name_f]Elise[/name_f], but I can’t see it with [name_f]Rose[/name_f] since it would be two flower names (and our last name is a fruit tree!)

[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Elise[/name_f] [name_f]Marguerite[/name_f]

Oh my goodness I love [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] and [name_f]Elise[/name_f] [name_f]Marguerite[/name_f]. [name_f]Camille[/name_f], [name_f]Helene[/name_f], and [name_f]Jeanne[/name_f] (from your signature) would also work as middles :slight_smile:

Although, there’s a lot of E’s in [name_f]Elise[/name_f] [name_f]Helene[/name_f]…

Thank you so much for your help! You have such a lovely ideas! My husband isn’t a huge fan of [name_f]Jeanne[/name_f], which is why it’s not a first name option, but maybe he’ll consider it for a middle for [name_f]Elise[/name_f]! [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Jeanne[/name_f] sounds a bit too harsh since they’re both one syllable!

[name_f]Elise[/name_f] [name_f]Jeanne[/name_f]

I’m not sure if I like the flow of it, though…

They’re both gorgeous names, I’d advocate using both of them. But I selected [name_f]Elise[/name_f] in the poll just because it’s a little more unusual and unexpected. I also think [name_f]Elise[/name_f] works better on all ages, growing from baby-child-adult more seamlessly than [name_f]Rose[/name_f], which seems a little too sophisticated for a baby to me.

Thank you for your help!

What about [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Berenice[/name_f] with your two syllable last name?
Unexpected yet classic with a nod to the [name_m]French[/name_m] Canadian roots.
I could see myself calling her “[name_f]Rosie[/name_f] [name_f]Bee[/name_f]” around the house!

Thank you for your suggestion! I have never heard of the name [name_f]Berenice[/name_f]. I’m not exactly sure how to pronounce it in [name_m]French[/name_m], or English for that matter! Is it pronounced like [name_f]Bernice[/name_f] (bur-niece) or more like bear-uh-niece?