Which one do you prefer?

Tessa sounds complete to me.

I prefer [name_f]Tess[/name_f]ā€“I do agree [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] sounds more complete, but I donā€™t like it as much. I think [name_f]Tess[/name_f] would work as a given name and I donā€™t see how itā€™s any harder to pronounce.

I think that you should do [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] and [name_f]Tess[/name_f] could be a nickname, but hey thatā€™s my opinion you do what you want.

I prefer [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]. That way she can be [name_f]Tess[/name_f] by some, and [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] by others. Iā€™d say go with [name_f]Tess[/name_f] though if you dislike [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]

Tessa with the nickname [name_f]Tess[/name_f] :slight_smile:

I struggle with the idea that [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] is already a nickname for [name_f]Theresa[/name_f], so [name_f]Tess[/name_f] is a nickname built off of a nickname. Iā€™d stick with [name_f]Tessa[/name_f], unless it doesnā€™t sound good with either the last name or the middle name you choose.

I prefer [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]. [name_f]Tess[/name_f] could work as a nn, though.

I really prefer [name_f]Tess[/name_f] but agree that [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] is a bit more substantial.

I had this same struggle before I found out my last baby was a boy as I love these names!!!

Crazy how one letter can stress you out! Haha

Iā€™d probably lean towards [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] as it gives both options. You really canā€™t go wrong though. I love this name (in either form)!

1 Like

I vastly prefer [name_f]Tess[/name_f]. [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] reminds me of [name_f]Jessa[/name_f] and [name_f]Nessa[/name_f], neither of which I like. It just feels sort of trendy.

Tess feels literary, chic, and warm.

1 Like

@Bebelatte
Parent of a [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] / [name_f]Tess[/name_f] here!

Soooo we actually had named her [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] because of the flow with our last name, but are firmly in the only-name-them-what-you-will-call-them camp, and itā€™s been a whooole thing.

• I am worn out from correcting people who persist in calling her [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] after [name_m]Ive[/name_m] told them a million times that we call her [name_f]Tess[/name_f]. Their reply: ā€œbut thatā€™s her NAME!ā€
  • Sounds like you run the risk of something similar if you name her Tessa with the intention of calling her Tess.

Yes, [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] is easier for babies and toddlers to say (true for any word ending on a vowel) BUT that time is so fleeting in the grand scheme of things that I wouldnā€™t let it sway you.

1 Like

@tianagrace thatā€™s true for most names when it comes down to it. [name_m]Henry[/name_m] comes from [name_m]Heinrich[/name_m]. [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] is a male NN for [name_u]Laurence[/name_u]. Emma is a NN for Emily, which is an anglicization of Emilie, which is ultimately an femininization of Emil.

1 Like

@LynnG ah this is a very good insight.
Thank you!
Think weā€™ll stick with [name_f]Tess[/name_f] :wink:

1 Like