or
[name_f]Helena[/name_f] (hell-eh-nah)

Pros and cons for both:

Vera
Pro: more familiar (about 1000 bearers)
Con: -

Helena
Pro: I love it so much
Con: Very outlandish (where I live, there are no Helenas recorded)

Which name do you prefer in general? Which one you prefer for me? Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Helena[/name_f] personally, but [name_f]Vera[/name_f] has stronger You [name_f]Energy[/name_f].

7 Likes

Was gonna say the same!

I really like both, though!

2 Likes

In general, I prefer [name_f]Helena[/name_f], but for you, I prefer [name_f]Vera[/name_f]. It has the upright vintage charm I associate with you! I also think [name_f]Vera[/name_f] would be easier to use where you live.

ETA: You’ve added your feelings on the names, and if you love Helena more, I like Helena better for you! It has a weighty elegance that goes well with your style!

1 Like

I agree with the rest of the berries I prefer [name_f]Helena[/name_f] but think [name_f]Vera[/name_f] is more you

1 Like

I seem to be in minority but it sounds like you love [name_f]Helena[/name_f] more, so I would pick that.

2 Likes

I genuinely love them both equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: But if I HAD to choose, I’d also pick [name_f]Vera[/name_f]! Besides, I pronounce [name_f]Helena[/name_f] hel-LAY-nuh

Also I don’t see [name_f]Helena[/name_f] being outlandish. Though I am from the US, perhaps it’s a bit out-there where you’re from?

1 Like

There are currently 0 Helenas here :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

[name_f]Helena[/name_f] feels more you to me. I think the length and elegance of it fit your style perfectly!

1 Like

Sorry if I’m missing something here but why is [name_f]Helena[/name_f] outlandish? I’m a bit confused, I went to school with two Helenas and know at least a handful more in adulthood… I would say [name_f]Vera[/name_f] is definitely more rare. I like both very much though, they both suit your style!

1 Like

I think I’m the only one who thinks [name_f]Helena[/name_f] feels more you! I know [name_f]Vera[/name_f] has been a favourite for a while, but the style I most associate with you is longer and more regal than that.

Vera is more of a cute, on-trend vintage revival to me, whereas [name_f]Helena[/name_f] is a long, sturdy international classic which has many illustrious bearers throughout history. It never really goes in or out of fashion (at least where I am) but remains a sophisticated, lesser-used classic.

I might be a bit biased though! :grin:

5 Likes

Oh, I live in Turkey where it’s virtually unknown so my [name_f]Helena[/name_f] would be the first one with name :grin: Sorry I should have clarified that!

1 Like

That makes me want it for you even more!
:face_with_hand_over_mouth::joy: I think both names suit your style really well! Whichever one you go with they’re both stunning.

2 Likes

Ah!!! That makes sense, sorry! I’m in the UK and I never quite know where people are based, both names are fairly common here although I think [name_f]Vera[/name_f] is considered more on the vintage side and [name_f]Helena[/name_f] seems to be one of those universally timeless names. Both are lovely names, I don’t think you can go wrong with either! :blush:

1 Like

I know that there are no Helenas but would the pronunciation make sense there? If the pronunciation makes sense and you love it then go [name_f]Helena[/name_f], if it doesn’t quite work in the accent or has another issue then go [name_f]Vera[/name_f]. (Obviously easier said than done. I think [name_f]Helena[/name_f] is more how I think of you, but [name_f]Vera[/name_f] is gorgeous).

1 Like

Yeah… the v/w is a problem. The [name_f]Vera[/name_f] I know pronounces her name as weh-rah. I don’t really mind the difference though, they sound nearly identical in my head.

Alara is pretty but I have a bad association with it, unfortunately :frowning_face:

Helena makes sense phonetically, wouldn’t create issues :slight_smile: Thank you!

I prefer [name_f]Vera[/name_f] for you! It’s really pretty.

1 Like

I love the flair of [name_f]Helena[/name_f]

1 Like

Vera, 100%! It’s so perfect! It works internationally, it’s short and sweet, and it’s bold. Very classy.

1 Like