Which One for ethelmary's Future Child?

Vera has a bit more flair in my opinion, but my vote goes to [name_f]Helena[/name_f]. It’s both solid and elegant.

1 Like

This is such a tough choice! I like [name_f]Vera[/name_f] but I’m team [name_f]Helena[/name_f]. A classic and feminine name that’s also a subtle [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m] reference, who could ask for anything more?! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

This is tricky for me, because I can see you with both names, but I think you sound more enamoured with [name_f]Helena[/name_f] when you described it than [name_f]Vera[/name_f], and for that reason, I would say [name_f]Helena[/name_f] :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love [name_f]Helena[/name_f] for you! Elegant and strong :heart:

1 Like

I like both but I’m Team [name_f]Vera[/name_f] myself. Here, [name_f]Helena[/name_f] is much more popular, but I think [name_f]Vera[/name_f] works stylistically a bit better with your favorites, but if you love [name_f]Helena[/name_f], why not? Both work fine with your favorites and are both very international, and it seems like [name_f]Helena[/name_f]’s your own favorite, since you “love it so much”, but the only pro [name_f]Vera[/name_f] has going for it is that it’s more familiar. :joy:

1 Like

I like [name_f]Helena[/name_f] more, it also seems to fit your style (at least the UCs I have witnessed) in that it is more that old, often longer, slightly germanic style that many of your names have. I could easily see [name_f]Helena[/name_f] as a sister to [name_f]Josepha[/name_f], [name_f]Amalie[/name_f], [name_f]Louisa[/name_f], [name_m]Ludwig[/name_m], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], [name_m]Julius[/name_m], [name_m]Edgar[/name_m] and [name_m]Otto[/name_m], in fact, these sets probably exist around me at the moment. Anyway, whether you can use these names or not, they feel stylistically closer to [name_f]Helena[/name_f] than [name_f]Vera[/name_f].

2 Likes

Vera seems more “[name_u]Laurie[/name_u]” to me

1 Like

Josepha

I prefer [name_f]Vera[/name_f], and I also prefer it for you!!

1 Like

I definitely prefer [name_f]Helena[/name_f], but I may be biased :blush:

1 Like

I would go for [name_f]Helena[/name_f], the good thing about there being 0 [name_f]Helena[/name_f]’s in Turkey is it would be pretty hard to forget your daughter if she has this beautiful name and is one of a kind.

P.S. by the way there are a lot of American/British/Canadian songs called [name_f]Helena[/name_f]

1 Like

Hmm. I think they are equally gorgeous, so you should use the one that speaks to your soul.

2 Likes