Which one of these names for my future child?

I’m not expecting, but in the future I plan to only have 1 child and I’ve been thinking about which one of these names I should use. So, which one of these boy and girls names down below should I use?

Girls
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] “[name_f]Ella[/name_f]”- I love [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]! However my aunt’s name is [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and she has the same last name as me. So if there was a situation were my kid would have to have the same surname as me and I named her [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], she would basically have the same name as my aunt :grimacing: Also, the flow of [name_f]Ella[/name_f] and my surname is not a good flow imo.
[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] - [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] is sort of similar to my name because it has some of the same letters that are in my name. However, it’s still a nice name and I love it!
[name_f]Alexandria[/name_f] “[name_u]Allie[/name_u]”- [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f] is similar to my cousin whose named [name_u]Alex[/name_u]. I’m also not really really big on [name_u]Allie[/name_u] but I’m fine with it.

Boys
[name_m]William[/name_m] “[name_m]Will[/name_m]”- [name_m]William[/name_m] is my favorite name and the flow of it plus my surname is great! So, there is not any problem with using it
[name_m]Joseph[/name_m]- I love this name so much! I feel like it’s a little more me instead of [name_m]William[/name_m]. I’ve also been thinking about this one a lot more recently and I also don’t have any problems with it!
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]- [name_u]Everett[/name_u] is a honor name. This name was my great grandmother’s fathers name and I love it! However, I feel like it’s not me.

Suggestions are also for names that might fit me are also appreciated!

I like [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f] from your girls’ list, although maybe with a different nn since you aren’t so keen on [name_u]Allie[/name_u]. [name_u]Lexi[/name_u], [name_f]Annie[/name_f], or [name_u]Andy[/name_u], maybe?

From your boy’s list, my personal favourite it [name_u]Everett[/name_u], but it seems like you don’t like it as much, so I’ll go with [name_m]Joseph[/name_m]!

Suggestions:
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Katherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Elliana[/name_f]

Jacob
[name_m]Joshua[/name_m]
[name_u]Elliott[/name_u]

1 Like

I’m not so keen on [name_u]Lexi[/name_u] currently, but I really like some of the suggestions you have! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_f]Katherine[/name_f], [name_f]Isabel[/name_f], and [name_u]Elliott[/name_u]!

1 Like

I would go for [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f], because I don’t think it’s too similar to your name at all! That said, [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is my personal favorite, and it’s still usable, especially if you have a different surname for the kiddo by then!

[name_m]Joseph[/name_m] and [name_m]William[/name_m] are both great options for you! [name_m]William[/name_m] is my personal favorite of the two!

1 Like

You’ve got a great list!!

[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] ~ I really like the name [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] she’s classic, regal and understated. I think your concerns about your daughter having the same as your aunt seem to overshadow your actual love for the name along with the whole [name_f]Ella[/name_f] thing. I don’t think this one is your one.

[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] ~ it’s a lovely name very elegant, classy and has a glamorous edge. I like the nickname [name_f]Vivi[/name_f] and I also think it’s sweet that she has similarities to your name it’s a nice connection.

[name_f]Alexandria[/name_f] ~ I think this name feels majestic and daring. [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f] is gorgeous it’s a lovely choice. I think [name_u]Lexi[/name_u] & [name_f]Ria[/name_f] are great nicknames if [name_u]Alex[/name_u] is out & [name_u]Allie[/name_u] isn’t a favourite. But could the cousin association with [name_u]Alex[/name_u] be too much as she may be called [name_u]Alex[/name_u] as that’s the most natural nickname.

[name_f]My[/name_f] personal favourite is [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] it’s just beautiful and doesn’t have any cons.

Suggestions:
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Isobel[/name_f]
[name_f]Marianne[/name_f]

[name_m]William[/name_m] ~ this is a very dependable name it’s a classic. [name_m]William[/name_m] is regal in sound and feels timeless. I like the range of nicknames for [name_m]William[/name_m] including [name_m]Will[/name_m].

[name_m]Joseph[/name_m] ~ I prefer the name [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] to [name_m]William[/name_m] I just think [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] sounds really soft and handsome. It’s a lovely choice with great biblical associations. I can get why your loving this choice. I also think it’s a good sign that your feeling like this one is more you.

[name_u]Everett[/name_u] ~ I like this one and I think it’s grand that it’s a family name. However if your unsure on the name I would scrap it as a first name maybe use [name_u]Everett[/name_u] it as a middle name. [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] [name_u]Everett[/name_u] could be a great choice.

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite for you is [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] I just think it’s a lovely name and the fact that it feels more like you is great

Suggestions:
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_m]Joshua[/name_m]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_m]Samuel[/name_m]
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Christopher[/name_m]

1 Like

I love the suggestions! I couldn’t use [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] because all of my life I would get called [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] by mistake. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite suggestions are [name_f]Catherine[/name_f], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Isobel[/name_f], and [name_m]Samuel[/name_m]!

1 Like

Ah course I’m [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] and always get [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] completely understand why you couldn’t use that one :woman_facepalming:t3: I rarely suggest my own name but stylistically it seemed a good match. I’m glad you like [name_f]Catherine[/name_f], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] & [name_m]Samuel[/name_m].

1 Like

Joseph [name_u]Everett[/name_u] and [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]!

1 Like

Oh wow I can’t believe I never thought of [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] :woman_facepalming: It’s very beautiful and [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] [name_u]Everett[/name_u] is pretty nice as well!

I was going to suggest these as well! That way you can use your favorites and your honor names without worrying about nicknames or any cons you have. Plus I think both [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] [name_u]Everett[/name_u] are stunning, especially as potential siblings!

1 Like

My favorite of your girls name’s is definitely [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] and I think it’s special that it’s similar to your name! I do also love [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f] with the nn [name_u]Allie[/name_u], but if you don’t like the nn [name_u]Allie[/name_u] and you also have someone in your family with the name [name_u]Alex[/name_u], it might be best to not use it unless you can find a better nn. For boys, my favorite is [name_u]Everett[/name_u], however, if you don’t feel like it’s a “you” name, then I wouldn’t use it. I also love [name_m]William[/name_m] and since there’s no problems with it, that’s probably the best choice.

1 Like

[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
What about just [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] instead of [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]? Also [name_f]Lilibet[/name_f] - it is a diminutive of [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], it can also be a nickname ([name_f]Queen[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]'s nickname as a child was [name_f]Lilibet[/name_f]).

There are SO many nicknames for [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. Perhaps you’ll like one of these: [name_f]Libby[/name_f], [name_f]Lizzy[/name_f], [name_f]Beth[/name_f]/Bethie, [name_f]Liza[/name_f], [name_u]Lisa[/name_u], [name_f]Liv[/name_f], [name_f]Livie[/name_f], [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], [name_f]Elle[/name_f], [name_f]Elsa[/name_f], [name_f]Elsie[/name_f], [name_f]Lea[/name_f], [name_f]Lily[/name_f], [name_f]Lettie[/name_f], [name_f]Zella[/name_f], [name_f]Zibby[/name_f], [name_f]Bizzy[/name_f] (I actually know a woman named [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] “[name_f]Bizzy[/name_f]”).

[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]
I [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t have much to say on this one. I really like it. It’s vivacious and sweet. [name_f]Vivi[/name_f] is a cute nickname. Honestly, I don’t see a problem with it being close to your name.

[name_f]Alexandria[/name_f]
This is my favorite from your list. [name_u]Allie[/name_u] is kind of bland. [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f] is stunning, sparkly, and strong. I feel like [name_u]Allie[/name_u] brings it down. How about [name_f]Lexa[/name_f], [name_u]Lex[/name_u], Zandria, [name_f]Ria[/name_f], or [name_u]Andy[/name_u]?

William
Not a huge fan of this name, but if you love it use it.

[name_m]Joseph[/name_m]
[name_u]Joey[/name_u] is such a sweet nickname. [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] is strong and established. I think any type of boy can wear it.

[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
Definitely my favorite from your boys list. [name_u]Everett[/name_u] is getting popular now, but no where near as popular as [name_m]William[/name_m] or [name_m]Joseph[/name_m]. I love all the possible nicknames for it too. It’s nice that it’s an honor and that it has a little more meaning to you than “I just like it”. (I’ve always loved that my name is an honor name, it makes me feel a little more special lol.)

Suggestions:
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_m]Edward[/name_m]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
Charlottle
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f]

1 Like

nohlani it means ‘sent from heaven’ in the polynesian culture

nohlani capri
brealynn rae (grace, ruth, mae)
frankie for either a boy or girl

1 Like

Love your classic style! [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] and [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] are my favourites :two_hearts:

Vivienne is chic and elegant with a spark to it as well thanks to those spiky V sounds.

Joseph is warm and familiar and handsome, super classic while never feeling as overexposed as [name_m]William[/name_m].

You might like [name_f]Juliette[/name_f], [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] or [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] for a girl and [name_m]Vincent[/name_m], [name_u]Julian[/name_u] or [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] for a boy.

1 Like

Joseph and [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f] are my favourites from your list!

Alexandria is just so strong, daring and regal. I find it such a beautiful and special name. Here are some of my favourite nicknames for [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f]:
[name_f]Ria[/name_f], [name_u]Sandy[/name_u], [name_u]Sasha[/name_u], [name_u]Andy[/name_u], Dria, [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] (stretch?), Xandria.

Joseph is such a darling name, it’s very down to earth and gentle. I just love it!

1 Like

I’d choose [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] or [name_u]Everett[/name_u]

1 Like