Which one would you pick: Lyra or Francesca?

[name_f]Lyra[/name_f]

I like [name_f]Lyra[/name_f].

1 Like

Both are lovely but I love [name_f]Lyra[/name_f]! I like the celestial overtones and it feels kinda like [name_f]Lila[/name_f] (another one of my favourites). [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] is also pretty - a little clunky for me so personally nms - and [name_m]Frankie[/name_m] is spunky

1 Like

I love [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]!
It seems elegant but also has so many nickname options: [name_m]Frankie[/name_m], [name_f]Fran[/name_f], [name_f]Chessie[/name_f] and my favourite: Cesca.

[name_f]My[/name_f] only hesitation with the name is I really dislike the nickname [name_f]Fran[/name_f] so I didn’t use this name because of that, but that’s a personal thing so it may not bother you at all. In fact [name_f]Frances[/name_f] seems to get a lot of live on this site.

[name_f]Lyra[/name_f] is pretty but too short for me and reminds me a little of Liar.

1 Like

[name_f]Lyra[/name_f] - I like the celestial connection and it has a little bit more of a magical feel.
I wasn’t sure which to go for, but I have met many a [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] that go by Fran/Frankie, particularly my age where I grew up. Whereas I haven’t met a [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] yet. They’re both really lovely names, all the Francesca’s I knew pulled their name off well and it didn’t feel too clunky.

1 Like

[name_f]Lyra[/name_f]! I’m not a huge fan of the [name_m]Francis[/name_m] family, u fortunately. [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] is my favorite of the bunch, but I definitely like [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] more. :heart:

1 Like

[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] is gorgeous

1 Like

I think of the musical meanings when I hear Lyra, which is why I guess, Ed Sheeran used it for kid daughter, I prefer Lara because I don’t love a “lie” sound in a name, but it has a strong and vintage-y imagery (not hippy though). Francesca seems to be having a moment maybe bc of Bridgeton, it’s a more flouncy and upper crust. It’d be the one of the two I’d choose but I really don’t like Frankie (it’s so honky sounding and dated imo) and Fran sounds a little sad for that matter. I would choose Francy, Franny (or Sissy or Cesca/Chesca) but then maybe just go the more tailored Frances or Francine.

1 Like

[name_f]Francesca[/name_f]!

Both names are lovely however [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] is my favourite. She’s just so timeless, elegant, romantic, has a really sweet sound along with a range of nicknames such as [name_m]Frankie[/name_m], [name_f]Fran[/name_f] or [name_f]Franny[/name_f] which I think suit a range of personalities.

You could go [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] :sparkles:

1 Like

I love [name_f]Francesca[/name_f], as someone below mentioned with the nickname [name_m]Frankie[/name_m]. I’m actually a little sad that a friend of mine did that already for one of her children because that would have been a contender for me.

[name_f]Lyra[/name_f] is pretty as well, but [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] is my pick.

1 Like

Ooh! Both are super pretty. Currently I’m leaning more towards [name_f]Francesca[/name_f], I’m a big fan of long regal classics. I do like the very mystical/celestial feel of [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] but I’m a big fan of nicknames so the longer [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] nn [name_f]Annie[/name_f], [name_f]Chessie[/name_f], or Cesca is winning for me today.

[name_f]Francesca[/name_f]

[name_f]Lyra[/name_f] for me! [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] feels a little dated in my eyes.

[name_f]Lyra[/name_f] :slight_smile:
I’ve liked it since hearing it for the first time watching “ The [name_m]Golden[/name_m] Compass”.