Which one?

See the results of this poll: Which girl name?

Respondents: 36 (This poll is closed)

• Evangeline : 23 (64%)
  • Mathilda: 13 (36%)

I think both of these names are great: Substantial and strong. However, due to its elegance and the nickname [name_f]Evie[/name_f], I’d give the edge to [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] but both are fantastic choices! [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Evie[/name_f]’ is just so sweet and elegant

I love [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]/[name_f]Mathilda[/name_f] — so quirky and lively. I don’t love [name_f]Tilly[/name_f], personally, but it is cute.

I really love [name_f]Mathilda[/name_f]. [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] is nice enough, but I love the strong sounds and history of [name_f]Mathilda[/name_f].

My maternal grandmother was renamed [name_f]Mathilde[/name_f] by the Irish nuns at her elementary school (they said her given name, [name_f]Tekla[/name_f], was a “heathen” name…guess they had never heard of St. [name_f]Tekla[/name_f]!). She went by [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] for most of her life but didn’t like it, & ended up subconsciously renaming herself [name_f]Tina[/name_f] after my grandfather died. [name_f]Tilda[/name_f] is a potential nn for [name_f]Mathilda[/name_f]…perhaps [name_u]Mattie[/name_u] as well.

I like [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], but not a fan of the alternate spelling. While I wouldn’t use [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] myself, it is a pretty name

I like [name_f]Mathilda[/name_f] better but I much prefer [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Evie[/name_f]’ from [name_f]Mathilda[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Tilly[/name_f]’.