Which ones to choose???

Well we only have 3 weeks left until our baby boy arrives and I’m still at odds with which name to go for. His big sister will be [name]Sofia[/name] and our last name is Calabrese (Italian last name but not bothered about having an Italian first name). Our top 2 are -

[name]Luca[/name] [name]Anthony[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Anthony[/name]

I just don’t know. Any input or further suggestions appreciated!

[name]Both[/name] are great names!

I’ll do a side-by-side comparison for you.

[name]Luca[/name] – Italian form of [name]Luke[/name], meaning “from Lucania.”

Popularity in 2008: 304 (via Nameberry)
Popularity in 2009: 159 (via Babycenter)
Popularity in 2010: 160 (via Babycenter)

Note: [name]Both[/name] [name]Luke[/name] and [name]Lucas[/name] are ranked much higher in popularity and [name]Luca[/name] is inevitably linked to them as well.

Thoughts: Ends in -a like sister [name]Sofia[/name] in case that bothers you. It might also be something to take into consideration if you want to have more children in the future. Would you continue the -a ending theme?
The -a ending also runs into the middle name [name]Anthony[/name], and his first and last name sound a little c-heavy.
[name]Luca[/name] [name]Anthony[/name] Calabrese
[name]Luca[/name] Calabrese
Has the nickname possibility of [name]Luke[/name].

[name]Elliot[/name] – Derived from [name]Elias[/name], meaning “The [name]Lord[/name] is my God.”

Popularity in 2008: 332 (via Nameberry)
Popularity in 2009: 218 (via Babycenter)
Popularity in 2010: 172 (via Babycenter)

Thoughts: Nickname possibility of [name]Eli[/name].
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Anthony[/name] Calabrese
[name]Elliot[/name] Calabrese

I personally like the name [name]Luca[/name] more than the name [name]Elliot[/name], and feel that [name]Luca[/name] and [name]Sofia[/name] have more of the same “feel”, but [name]Elliot[/name] works too and has a better flow with your name.
I think overall [name]Elliot[/name] is the better choice.

Now if you feel your gut disagreeing with me right now, go with [name]Luca[/name]! :slight_smile:

Good luck!

I prefer [name]Luca[/name] [name]Anthony[/name].