Which Rosa name?

See the results of this poll: Which Rosa-name is the best?

Respondents: 74 (This poll is closed)

• Rosalie : 41 (55%)
  • Rosalind : 24 (32%)
  • Other Rosa-name (post please): 9 (12%)

I voted [name]Rosalie[/name] because I’m questioned myself how to pronounce [name]Rosalind[/name].

Although I like [name]Rosalie[/name], in terms of [name]Rosa[/name]- names, I always gravitate towards [name]Rosamund[/name]. I also like [name]Rosaline[/name], like the character from [name]Romeo[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name].

Of your two, [name]Rosalind[/name] is my favourite. I think it pairs nicely with [name]Caspian[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name] in your signature! [name]Rosalie[/name] is nice, but too associated with Twilight for me personally, and I think [name]Rosalind[/name] seems more substantial and classic. [name]Rosalie[/name] almost seems too cutesy for me.

Other [name]Rosa[/name]- names: [name]Rosamund[/name]/[name]Rosamond[/name], [name]Rosanna[/name], [name]Rosaline[/name] {also has the Shakespearean connection}

I voted other as I like [name]Rosamund[/name], Rosabel or [name]Rosalia[/name].

[name]Rosalia[/name] has been considered, but I still prefer [name]Rosalie[/name].

[name]Rosamund[/name] defo won’t be used as I can’t rly see past that “mund” means mouth in my native tongue.

[name]Rosaline[/name] is cute, but for some reason it just doesn’t appeal to me.

Rosabel isn’t us either.

I voted other because I prefer [name]Rosa[/name] on its own, or [name]Rose[/name].

I prefer [name]Rosalie[/name].

I like [name]Rosalind[/name], but it seems like whenever it’s discussed on any name forum (or [name]Rosaline[/name],) there are issues with the pronunciation. So I voted for [name]Rosalie[/name].

[name]Rosalind[/name] is gorgeous!

I pronounce [name]Rosalind[/name] like Rahz-a-lind as opposed to [name]Rosalie[/name] which I pronounce [name]Rose[/name]-a-lee. If you like the [name]Rose[/name] sound, I would go with [name]Rosalie[/name].

I love them both, but I have a [name]Rosalie[/name] so I gravitate more towards that one. DD is [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name], but I feel your pain about finding a middle name, it was hard for us too! My suggestion is to stay away from middles that end in an -ie sound.

[name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Lucille[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]

mmm I hear you all!

We both find us gravitating more towards [name]Rosalind[/name] - pronounciation problems could be remedied by a different spelling…

[name]Rosalin[/name]
Rosalynn
[name]Rosalinn[/name]

I don’t know.

I do know we both pronounce it as [name]Rose[/name]-a-lin tho.

Rosa on it’s own is absolutely stunning (adding that to my list now!)

If you wanted more syllables I’d choose Rosanna- lots of nn’s, cute on a little girl, gorgeous on an older woman :).

I also pronounce [name]Rosalind[/name] “rahz-a-lind” because thats how I’ve heard it pronounced in a Shakespearian context.
I would pronounce [name]Rosalin[/name] the same way but without the d.

I would pronounce Rosalynn the way that you do, though I’m not really a fan of the spelling. I was about to suggest [name]Rosalyn[/name], but then I would pronounce that “rahz-a-lin” so I don’t know. Maybe that would be just as confusing.

Guess I’m not that helpful =P

Oh, the reason I prefer [name]Rosalind[/name] is because it doesn’t have the [name]Rose[/name] sound; I’ve only ever heard it pronounced RAH-zuh-lind. The [name]Shakespeare[/name] pedigree is fabulous, and [name]Rosalind[/name] [name]Russell[/name] lends it some Old Hollywood glamor and snap (she has this classy, confident, witty working woman image for me, which helps). It seems spunkier and more grownup/classic at the same time.

But if you’re going for the [name]Rose[/name] sound, I prefer [name]Rosalie[/name] to [name]Rose[/name]-a-lin. It’s pretty, and despite -ie endings often coming off a little juvenile to me, I’d have no trouble picturing an adult [name]Rosalie[/name].

Well, I think it’s possible we pronounce [name]Rosalind[/name] the way it would be in my native language. Although when asking my British born partner he said it same way I did, albeit with the D on the end.

[name]Rosanna[/name] I don’t like + its the name of a very close friend of mine.

[name]Rosalie[/name] has been a longstanding favourite of mine - it just bugs me how hard it is to find a middlename. The ones I like partner doesn’t and the ones he likes I don’t. [name]Rosalind[/name] we find easier, but we can use [name]Rin[/name], which is one of our favourite names, as nn - we just don’t feel [name]Rin[/name] translate well into English and it doesn’t at all in my own language.

I agree with this. I like both a lot, but one of the main things I like about [name]Rosalind[/name] is the rah sound and the ability to say [name]Roz[/name] for short. Although is it were the spanish [name]Rosalinda[/name] it would have the [name]Rose[/name] in it.

[name]Rosalie[/name] and [name]Rosaline[/name] (which I also love) are great too though. Good luck picking!

If [name]Caspian[/name] is really your top pick for a boy’s name in the future, I would use [name]Rosalie[/name]. It’s very pretty, dainty and sweet which still being substantial enough to serve a girl at all stages in her life. [name]Rosalind[/name] is tougher, stronger and more bold, but especially with a silent D I think it would rule out [name]Caspian[/name].

I really love [name]Rosalie[/name]. I also love [name]Rosemarie[/name]. Have you thought of this one?