Which Rosa name?

I like [name]Rosalind[/name] so much better than [name]Rosalie[/name]. It feels more substantial, stronger, and just more…genuine. I would implicitly trust a [name]Rosalind[/name] but be very wary of a [name]Rosalie[/name], if that makes sense. And I love the nn [name]Rin[/name]! I think it works all right in English. [name]How[/name] are you pronouncing it?

We pronounce [name]Rin[/name] as rhyming with [name]Tin[/name] (yes, think [name]Rin[/name] [name]Tin[/name] [name]Tin[/name] :P)

[name]Caspian[/name] isn’t our first pick. They are simply listed in alphabetical order. In fact, I’m fairly certain a boy would be [name]Jasper[/name] ‘smthg’ - which is another reason I’m doubting [name]Rosalie[/name] as our choice. It becomes very Twilight then!

The names in my sig are “my” names - my partner doesn’t like most of them :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m still leaning towards [name]Rosalind[/name], but thinking different spelling to get rid of the “d”. We would be pronouncing it as [name]Rose[/name]-a-lin though, since I can’t wrap my head around the other pronunciation (again, not native English speaker)

I like [name]Rosalie[/name] better than [name]Rosalind[/name]. It just sounds cuter to me. But I like [name]Rosemary[/name] or Rozemarie the best. <3

[name]Rosemary[/name] is, to the best of my knowledge, the name of a very unpopular family member on my partners side - that name is completely out of the question!

Yea, [name]Rosalie[/name] does sound cuter - but that is actually one of the point I dislike. It feels borderline “too cutesy” for an adult almost.

Why not use [name]Rosaline[/name] but pronouce it -EEN instead of the hard -line? Of course the would have to correct people a lot of the time…

I don’t know what it is about [name]Rosaline[/name] - but something about it just doesn’t sit quite right with me. The pronounciation annoys me. I’ll admit I got quite a squeaky and high pitched voice, so [name]Rosa[/name]“leen” just sounds like a whine when I say it (think petulant child not getting its way) and [name]Rosa[/name]“line” just doesn’t come natural to me.

I have a good friend named Rosalynn. Her first language isn’t English either so it gets the pronunciation you want from [name]Rosalind[/name]. It ends up sounding similar to roh-za-leen but not quite so long vowel at the end.

Yeah, I think my accent turns it into roh-za too. The “lin” part I pronounce as I would (more or less) im my own language too. Its just what comes natural to me, and as multicultural as [name]Britain[/name] is, I think it probably wouldn’t be the biggest problem with a correction or two, although we probably would go for [name]Rosalin[/name] instead of [name]Rosalind[/name].