Which sib-set goes best?

See the results of this poll: Which flows best?

Respondents: 18 (This poll is closed)

• Beatrice Ann and Matilda Christmas: 14 (78%)
  • Tori Frances and Lillian Frost: 1 (6%)
  • Kara Gwendolyn and Rebecca Joy: 3 (17%)

[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Ann[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Christmas[/name] - I adore [name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] together, and think that they match in style perfectly. However, I think that the sibset would be made even better by having mns which matched better in both style and length. [name]Ann[/name] is a simple, popular classic, whereas [name]Christmas[/name] is extremely unusual, and this feels off to me.

Also, personally I dislike the obvious nature of [name]Christmas[/name] as a name - [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name] did a great blog on [name]Winter[/name] names which you could look at for alternatives. I think [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Ann[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Noelle[/name] make a particularly lovely set. You could also try [name]Eve[/name] ([name]Christmas[/name] [name]Eve[/name]) or [name]Nova[/name] (means new, as in the new year).

[name]Tori[/name] [name]Frances[/name] and [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Frost[/name] - it feels off to me to pair a nn name with such a vintage classic - how about [name]Victoria[/name] nn [name]Tori[/name] and [name]Lillian[/name]? [name]Frost[/name] again seems like a very modern choice when put next to [name]Frances[/name], but is less noticeable than [name]Christmas[/name].

[name]Kara[/name] [name]Gwendolyn[/name] and [name]Rebecca[/name] [name]Joy[/name] - this one is alright, and I adore [name]Kara[/name], but [name]Rebecca[/name] does seem a little dated to me (but I do like it). Also [name]Gwendolyn[/name] (which I love) differs wildly in length from [name]Joy[/name], which also feels more of a ‘filler’ name than [name]Gwendolyn[/name]. I think another virtue name might work better, personally - how about [name]Verity[/name], [name]Felicity[/name] or [name]Patience[/name]?

Good luck!

I think [name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] as first names go best. I like pp’s suggestion of [name]Eve[/name] rather than [name]Christmas[/name] as the middle - [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Ann[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Eve[/name].

[name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] are the only first names that flow together from your pairs. [name]Tori[/name] and [name]Kara[/name] would go well together, but not really with the names you have matched them with. [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Ann[/name] is fine, but [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Christmas[/name] is far too unusual to match. [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Ann[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Frances[/name] is my pick!

Ditto!