Which sister name for Arden is your favourite?

Background: [name_u]Arden[/name_u] is named for the forest in [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m]'s As You Like it. I love her name (of course), but it is important to me that stylistically, sibling names “go”/ feel like a natural fit and we are having a difficult time choosing a sister for her that we love as much, and that feels like the right fit. In that vein, which of the following sibling (g/g combinations) is your favourite and why?:

[name_u]Arden[/name_u] & [name_f]Poppy[/name_f]

[name_u]Arden[/name_u] & [name_f]Olive[/name_f]

[name_u]Arden[/name_u] & [name_f]Celia[/name_f]

[name_u]Arden[/name_u] & [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]

[name_u]Arden[/name_u] & [name_f]Cressida[/name_f]

[name_u]Arden[/name_u] & [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]

[name_u]Arden[/name_u] & [name_f]Iris[/name_f]

[name_u]Arden[/name_u] & [name_f]Nina[/name_f]

Thank you so much!!

I like [name_u]Arden[/name_u] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], but it might just be a [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m] bias: they sound lovely, though! Both names have a lot of literary history outside the source, and they’ll age well.

I’m okay with the [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m] bias! I am happy you find that pair beautiful – I do, too :).

I like [name_u]Arden[/name_u] & [name_f]Olive[/name_f], or [name_u]Arden[/name_u] & [name_f]Iris[/name_f]. Both are nature inspired and sound lovely together

Nice names!! [name_u]Arden[/name_u] is a new love of mine :slight_smile:

In terms of which ones “go” together, I think [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], [name_f]Nina[/name_f], [name_f]Celia[/name_f] are too feminine for spunky [name_u]Arden[/name_u]. Also [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] is very feminine, but she is offbeat and literary/Shakespearian enough to fit in that way instead. I feel neutral about [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] and [name_f]Iris[/name_f].

The two that I think seem a natural match with [name_u]Arden[/name_u] are [name_f]Olive[/name_f] and [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]. Both are short and spunky like [name_u]Arden[/name_u]. [name_f]Olive[/name_f] and [name_u]Arden[/name_u] have beginning vowels. [name_u]Arden[/name_u] and [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] make me think positive adjectives, i.e. “ardent” and “blithe” which I think is nice, but that may or may not be something you were looking for.

I love [name_u]Arden[/name_u] and [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] :slight_smile:

With [name_u]Arden[/name_u] I would pick another modern, simple name that’s not too frilly. [name_u]Arden[/name_u] and [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] or [name_u]Arden[/name_u] and [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] would be lovely! I like that [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] has a sweet sound but doesn’t scream feminine- since [name_u]Arden[/name_u] is unisex, using a very feminine name for a sister might make people think [name_u]Arden[/name_u] is a boy. My favourites from your list are [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] and [name_f]Celia[/name_f] but I don’t think they go as well with [name_u]Arden[/name_u].

My favorites are:

[name_u]Arden[/name_u] & [name_f]Olive[/name_f]

and

[name_u]Arden[/name_u] & [name_f]Iris[/name_f]

I think for me the nature aspect stands out more than the literary connection. Also, I think these both just fit better with the “feel” of [name_u]Arden[/name_u] (origins aside). I think either [name_f]Olive[/name_f] or [name_f]Iris[/name_f] would be beautiful and they’re both pretty open as far as MN choices.

P.S. I love [name_u]Arden[/name_u] as well, great name!

My favorite is [name_u]Arden[/name_u] and [name_f]Olive[/name_f]! I adore the name [name_f]Celia[/name_f] but they don’t quite go together and having another name from As You Like It might be hitting the nail on the head too much, aha.

I think [name_u]Arden[/name_u] and [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] go the best together stylistically, but I do not think [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] comes close to [name_u]Arden[/name_u] in terms of beauty. Therefore, I would pick [name_u]Arden[/name_u] & [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] or [name_u]Arden[/name_u] & [name_f]Iris[/name_f]. Both are pretty and a good match with [name_u]Arden[/name_u]. I love love love [name_f]Celia[/name_f] but I don’t think it goes with [name_u]Arden[/name_u] as well.

I vote for “[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]” too, it’s [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m], and it sounds and looks as
strong, paired with “[name_u]Arden[/name_u]”.

I also like [name_f]Serena[/name_f] and [name_f]Celeste[/name_f], they sound like a quiet forest.

Congratulations!

I am liking [name_u]Arden[/name_u] and [name_f]Blythe[/name_f].

Along with the two names just flowing off the tongue, the name [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] brings to mind a sweet bonnie little girl.

I also like [name_u]Arden[/name_u] best with [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] or [name_f]Iris[/name_f].

Although [name_u]Arden[/name_u] is not at all frilly or super-girly, it strikes me as very romantic and ethereal, partly because of the Shakespearean reference, and partly because it reminds me of [name_f]Arwen[/name_f] from [name_m]Lord[/name_m] of the Rings! Bearing that in mind, I would pair it with [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] or [name_f]Iris[/name_f]. In saying that though, I think its very versatile and fits into a lot of different categories so it kind of goes with all the names on your list. It really depends on which direction you want to take your sibset.

From your list, my favorites with [name_u]Arden[/name_u] are [name_f]Cressida[/name_f], [name_f]Nina[/name_f], and [name_f]Celia[/name_f].
I also think another Shakespearen place name might work well for you:
[name_u]Arden[/name_u] and [name_f]Verona[/name_f]
[name_u]Arden[/name_u] and Marseille
[name_u]Arden[/name_u] and ([name_m]Milford[/name_m]) [name_u]Haven[/name_u]
[name_u]Arden[/name_u] and [name_f]Vienna[/name_f]

[name_u]Arden[/name_u] and [name_f]Miranda[/name_f]
[name_u]Arden[/name_u] and (Desde)[name_f]Mona[/name_f]
[name_u]Arden[/name_u] and [name_u]Ariel[/name_u] (matchy, but amazing)

Now excuse me as I stay up all night reading [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m]…

I think [name_u]Arden[/name_u] and [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] are are a really nice pair :slight_smile:

I absolutely love [name_u]Arden[/name_u] :slight_smile:

[name_u]Arden[/name_u] and [name_f]Blythe[/name_f], [name_u]Arden[/name_u] and [name_f]Olive[/name_f] are both great!

Other names I think sit well:

[name_u]Arden[/name_u] & [name_f]Juno[/name_f]/[name_u]June[/name_u]/[name_f]Judith[/name_f]
[name_u]Arden[/name_u] & [name_f]Leonie[/name_f]
[name_u]Arden[/name_u] & [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_u]Arden[/name_u] & [name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_u]Arden[/name_u] & [name_u]Windsor[/name_u] ([name_f]Winnie[/name_f])

[name_u]Arden[/name_u] and [name_f]Olive[/name_f], and [name_u]Arden[/name_u] and [name_f]Iris[/name_f] are gorgeous!

I love [name_u]Arden[/name_u] & [name_f]Olive[/name_f] followed by [name_u]Arden[/name_u] & [name_f]Juliet[/name_f].

As soon as I read your post, the names that jumped out to me that ‘fit’ together are [name_u]Arden[/name_u] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]- beautiful!