Which sounds better?

See the results of this poll: which way sounds better

Respondents: 19 (This poll is closed)

• Hope Beatrice: 1 (5%)
  • Beatrice Hope: 18 (95%)

[name]Hope[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] is kind of awkward for me to say. The p sound at the end of [name]Hope[/name] and the B sound of [name]Beatrice[/name] are similar, so I have to pause between them to say it properly. I also prefer [name]Hope[/name] as a mn.

I agree. The P at the end of [name]Hope[/name] gets lost. I don’t really like [name]Hope[/name], but I think [name]Beatrice[/name] is a great underused name. :slight_smile:

I think [name]Hope[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] is better b/c when I say [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Hope[/name], the s- sound attaches to hope, and it begins to sound like her name is Soap!
Be a tri Soap

What do you want to call your daughter? I think either order is good enough to use. It’s got some sounds running together, but that shouldn’t matter unless you are going to call her her full name all the time. I would pick which name you want her to go by. I think [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Hope[/name] has a typical rhythm, like [name]Madeline[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Claire[/name], with the one-syllable easy middle name. I am liking short first names with longer middle names lately. [name]Hope[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]. [name]Grace[/name] [name]Katherine[/name], [name]June[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name], that sort of rhythm. If you agree that the sounds run together, choose one you want to call her for the first and pick another middle name.

If your last name is one syllable, that may not be right. [name]Hope[/name] Klein, [name]Hope[/name] [name]James[/name], etc., may sound too short, and if you say [name]Hope[/name] with your last name, see if it doesn’t make an awkward short sentence or word, like [name]Hope[/name] [name]Lester[/name] (hopeless), [name]Hope[/name] [name]Fulton[/name] (hopeful - it’s positive, a little too cute, or maybe just the right amount), [name]Hope[/name] Isforthebirds (well, you get the idea). That would be my only caution for [name]Hope[/name] being the first name instead of the middle. You probably already made sure this was not an issue.