Which Spelling do you like?

Which of these spellings would you pick if this was your baby girl? Why you would pick that spelling would be really helpful too.

• Aliyah?
  • Aaliyah?
  • Aliya?

Thank you :white_heart:

1 Like

Aliya is my favorite of the spellings.

1 Like

Aaliyah

Aaliya looks like the most traditional spelling and I just like the uniqueness of the double A.

My favourite is [name_f]Aliyah[/name_f] :white_heart:

Aaliyah is my favorite

I feel like [name_f]Aaliyah[/name_f] is the most familiar because of the singer, but my personal preference is [name_f]Aliya[/name_f] as it’s the simplest.

I like [name_f]Aaliyah[/name_f] best, it seems the most balanced to me.

Aaliyah. It’s weird but the other spelling jidt don’t look like the same name to me and I want to read them with the stress in different places than when I [name_f]Aaliyah[/name_f].

Aliyah is my favorite. :slight_smile:

Aliyah is my favorite!

Aailiyah if it’s pronounced “Eye-lay-uh.” It’s what I’m familiar with personally.

I know of an Aasha and they pronounce it with a sharp A, not an [name_m]Ah[/name_m]- sound.

So when I see [name_f]Aaliyah[/name_f], I think A-lee-yuh … And when I see [name_f]Aliyah[/name_f] and [name_f]Aliya[/name_f], I think [name_m]Ah[/name_m]-lee-yuh.

I guess, if you want that sharp A sound, I would go with [name_f]Aaliyah[/name_f]. But if you prefer the [name_m]Ah[/name_m]- sound, I would go with one of the other 2.

I really can’t decide which I like more or less! For me, it’s like [name_f]Layla[/name_f] or [name_f]Laylah[/name_f] … And [name_f]Nora[/name_f] or [name_f]Norah[/name_f] … I honestly like them with or without the H :rofl:

Aliya!

Aaliyah just because I think of the singer and that seems the most natural to me in terms of automatically knowing how to pronounce it.

Aliyah!

Aliyah

I like [name_f]Aaliyah[/name_f] the best!

I prefer [name_f]Aliyah[/name_f] because the final h makes it softer, longer and less abrupt to me. The double A in [name_f]Aaliyah[/name_f] would require extra mentioning every time and a ton of extra work.

For spelling, my philosophy is to go with the most common spelling unless you have a good reason not to (e.g. an honor name, using a spelling from another language you have a personal connection to, etc.). You will save yourself and your kid a lot of headache: [name_f]Aaliyah[/name_f].