Which spelling do you prefer and does this work as a full name

• Rosie
  • Rosy
  • Rose or some other full name

0 voters

Does Rosy/Rosie work as a full name? If not what full name would you use besides Rose?

1 Like

I like [name_f]Rose[/name_f] nn [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]. [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] are my other favorite names to get to [name_f]Rosie[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] best!!

I’ve known several Rosies who’ve just been [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] and it sounds substantial to me

I love both [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosy[/name_f]. [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] reminds me more of the flower, whereas with [name_f]Rosy[/name_f] I think of “rosy cheeks.”

I prefer [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] to [name_f]Rose[/name_f], but I’m not sure it can stand on its own. I’d probably go for [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_f]Rosie[/name_f] can definitely work as a full name!! [name_f]My[/name_f] first thought is [name_f]Rosie[/name_f], however [name_f]Rosy[/name_f] feels more complete for a full first name! There’s no wrong way to go!

1 Like

Oh whoops I voted wrong! I much prefer Rose (or a Rose variant) as the full name with Rosy as the nickname. :blush:

I prefer [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] nn [name_f]Rose[/name_f] or [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]!

1 Like

It definitely works as a full name, I’ve come across loads from ages newborn to 40. I would go with just [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]!

In order to get to any of these names I would use the full name [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] which I think is just gorgeous and I prefer the spelling [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]

Rosie/Rosy does work as a full name! I do prefer [name_f]Rose[/name_f] or [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f].

rosie definitely works as a full name :tulip:

i actually prefer it to rose!

Definitely works as a full name! And I strongly prefer [name_f]Rosy[/name_f] over [name_f]Rosie[/name_f].

There’s so many just 'rosie’s out there that I think it definitely works as a first name. I prefer the spelling ‘Rosie’

I think [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] works as a full name but a you could also use it as a nickname for [name_f]Rosa[/name_f].

[name_f]Rosie[/name_f] definitely can stand on its own! For full names, I’d probably go with just [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f], or maybe [name_f]Rosa[/name_f].

[name_f]Rosie[/name_f] definitely works as a name in her own right and is very popular as a first name in the UK where I’m from. If you love [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] go with [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]!

I absolutely love [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and her numerous variants so I would choose either [name_f]Rose[/name_f] or a [name_f]Rose[/name_f] name then have [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] as a nickname. Honestly the possibilities are endless as there are so many beautiful [name_f]Rose[/name_f] names along with [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. I love [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Primrose[/name_f], [name_f]Rosa[/name_f], [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f], [name_f]Rosanna[/name_f], [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f], [name_f]Rosetta[/name_f], [name_f]Wildrose[/name_f] honestly they are all stunning :rose:

1 Like

[name_f]Rosie[/name_f] works fine as a full name, if that’s your favourite go with it! [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] is the spelling I’d assume if I heard the name.

I like [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] a lot for a full form. More adventurous favourites include [name_f]Primrose[/name_f], [name_u]Penrose[/name_u], Rosevear, [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f], [name_f]Wildrose[/name_f], [name_f]Rozenn[/name_f], Rosenwyn…

[name_f]Rosie[/name_f] stands alone but I do love [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], and [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] if you wanted it as a nickname instead.

I think any of the rose names would be preferable to [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] as a full name. Berries seem to be very okay with nicknames as names, but I don’t think that’s as normalized in the general population (at least in the US), and it could affect how seriously people take her, including in her career. I suspect Rosalyn’s resume could be treated differently from Rosie’s resume.

Definitely [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] over [name_f]Rosy[/name_f], it looks more complete imo. [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] works as a full name though I personally prefer it as a nickname. I like [name_f]Rosa[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f], [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f], Rosamee and [name_f]Rosanne[/name_f] as full names.

1 Like