Which Spelling Do You Prefer?

See the results of this poll: Which spelling?

Respondents: 78 (This poll is closed)

• Callista : 71 (91%)
  • Kallista: 7 (9%)

[name_f]Callista[/name_f] for sure. I find c’s to be more attractive than k’s.

I voted for [name_f]Kallista[/name_f]. I’m Scandinavian, and the k spelling looks more natural to me for most names.

[name_f]Callista[/name_f] for sure.

It will also be a nice natural progression for the nn “[name_f]Callie[/name_f]” if you do that.

[name_f]Callista[/name_f] with a C all the way

Definitely [name_f]Callista[/name_f], I also am not a fan of the letter K in general. I think [name_f]Callista[/name_f]'s a lovely name though, especially with [name_u]Orion[/name_u]. I also prefer O&C as their initials (nice smooth round lines) vs. O&K (not that that really matters)

I voted [name_f]Callista[/name_f].

It depends on the other names in a sibset for me, and I think with yours, [name_f]Callista[/name_f] fits better. You have names that have a softness to them that the C- also offers – the K is sharper, and works well with zestier type names.

First off, I absolutely love your choice of [name_u]Orion[/name_u]. [name_m]How[/name_m] handsome! (:

[name_f]Callista[/name_f] with a C gets my vote. Not only does it look more aesthetically pleasing to me, it also seems more elegant as any more Ks seem so often trendy and overused. I also agree with your the C fitting nicer with your other children’s names. They have such a gentle, soft feel, which compliments the C spelling rather than the harsher K spelling.

Good luck deciding and on your twin pregnancy!

I’d go with [name_f]Callista[/name_f]. I think it’s the spelling that will cause less corrections, and the one that is more intuitive/natural. I also tend to prefer “C” spellings. By the way, [name_u]Orion[/name_u] is a fantastic choice for a boy!

I feel like Ks have been over-used so I’d go with [name_f]Callista[/name_f]-- as someone else above mentioned, it’s got [name_f]Callie[/name_f] as a sweet nn too.

[name_f]Kallista[/name_f] is the original way to spell it if that matters to you, but personally I’m [name_f]Callista[/name_f] with a C 100%!

[name_f]Callista[/name_f], assuming you live in an English speaking country and have no connection to places that spell it with a K.

[name_f]Callista[/name_f] is more common, and therefore less likely to lead to confusion. That being said, the [name_f]Kallista[/name_f] is more authentically Greek.