Which spelling of Margeaux do you prefer?

See the results of this poll: Which pronunciation of Margeaux do you prefer?

Respondents: 35 (This poll is closed)

• Margeaux : 1 (3%)
  • Margo : 14 (40%)
  • Margot : 17 (49%)
  • Margaux: 3 (9%)

[name_f]Margot[/name_f] is my favourite spelling. It’s [name_m]French[/name_m], elegant and chic. [name_f]Margo[/name_f] looks incomplete and [name_f]Margaux[/name_f]/Margeaux are faux-[name_m]French[/name_m] versions and look overdone.

I like [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] (a la the wine) best, followed by [name_f]Margot[/name_f].

The x ending ones seem plural to me as a [name_m]French[/name_m] speaker. [name_f]Margot[/name_f] will probably cause some confusion in her life. I like elegant, wholesome [name_f]Margo[/name_f].

[name_f]Margo[/name_f] or [name_f]Margot[/name_f]

I like Margeaux. Maybe it’s fake, but [name_f]Margot[/name_f] will spend her whole life being compared to Home Depot, and [name_f]Margo[/name_f] makes me think of the more masculine [name_m]Milo[/name_m]. I prefer Margeaux to [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] because I think of the [name_m]French[/name_m] “beau” which means beautiful. Also, the first Margeaux I met was Margeaux, so I’m biased.

[name_f]Margot[/name_f] (like the spelling better) and [name_f]Margo[/name_f] (for international use)

I agree with mischa! [name_f]Margot[/name_f] is my first choice, followed by [name_f]Margo[/name_f]. [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] is faux. :wink:

I like [name_f]Margot[/name_f] the best, followed by [name_f]Margo[/name_f]. The x-ending spellings don’t look right to me.

Well I am pleased that [name_f]Margot[/name_f] is the spelling that is the favourite here. My name is [name_f]Margot[/name_f] and I agree with misha’s comments 100%. As for pronunciation and spelling issues they are few and far between and I would be rather judgemental about someone who didn’t say [name_f]Margot[/name_f] correctly.

rollo

I voted for [name_f]Margo[/name_f]. The [name_f]Margo[/name_f] I know spells it that way, so maybe that’s why it seems most “normal” to me. I really actually like [name_f]Margot[/name_f], it’s the most authentic, but sometimes I accidentally see the word “maggot”, which is gross. The x ones seem contrived.

I agree with most everyone here-- I’m between [name_f]Margo[/name_f] and [name_f]Margot[/name_f] as my favorite spelling.

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

It’s [name_f]Margo[/name_f] for me. Margeaux and [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] are just pretentious and unnecessary imo.