Which Spelling?

[name]Camellia[/name] or [name]Camelia[/name]?

This name is slowly climbing its way to my number one spot, but I’m not sure how to spell it. Which one is correct? And my boyfriend’s last name has four Ls in it, Dellapelle. So does [name]Camellia[/name] Dellapelle just look like too much? Is [name]Camelia[/name] Dellapelle better? I’m not sure. Can you help me out?

Thanks, guys.

• [name]Kylee[/name]

It makes me think of the album Thank You [name]Camellia[/name] by [name]Kris[/name] [name]Allen[/name] - not sure if you know of him. To me, they would be pronounced differently. [name]Camellia[/name] would be ca-[name]MELL[/name]-ee-ah, whereas [name]Camelia[/name] would be ca-MEEL-ee-ah. That’s just how I would personally intuitively pronounce them. I think [name]Camellia[/name] is lovely, and I think it sounds fine with Dellapelle :slight_smile:

I like [name]Camelia[/name] better :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot, you two :slight_smile: is there anyone else out there?

I prefer [name]Camelia[/name] to [name]Camellia[/name]. I think it looks fine with your bf’s last name. [name]Camelia[/name] Dellapelle. Beautiful. :slight_smile:

I also prefer [name]Camelia[/name]. Two “lls” reminds me of [name]Carmella[/name].

The flower is spelled with two Ls, so I would spell it [name]Camellia[/name]. [name]One[/name] L makes me thinks of camels.

Thanks for all of your opinions. I SUPER appreciate it! You’re all so helpful :slight_smile:

Yes, the flower is a camellia. But I’ve seen it spelled [name]Camelia[/name] on people so I would say both are correct. I like both, would pronounce both ca-MEE-lee-ah. But since your boyfriend’s last name already has a lot of L’s, I would go with [name]Camelia[/name].

[name]Camelia[/name] looked a little… Incomplete to me, but I don’t feel that way very much anymore. My name will have seven Es and seven Ls when we get married and I don’t want to doom my kids to that too, so I’ll probably stick to [name]Camelia[/name]. I didn’t see too many complaints on it :slight_smile: thanks a lot.

I think [name]Camelia[/name] looks much cleaner, especially with the last name. I would also pronounce them differently, as PP romanticism said

To me the whole appeal is the flower, nature aspect, so I would go [name]Camellia[/name].

Me too. The flower is spelled [name]Camellia[/name], but pronounced kuh-MEE-lee-uh, not kuh-MEH-lee-uh.

I would spell it [name]Camellia[/name] because I wouldn’t want people’s first reaction to be ‘Oh, they didn’t know how to spell the name of the flower’.

All of the people I’ve talked to about this name thought I made it up. They didn’t know it was a flower.

I’d go with [name]Camelia[/name]!

I don’t like seeing the camel in [name]Camelia[/name]. Yes, the simplicity of it makes it looks cleaner, but as a name it’s just two letters off from camel, and that stands out loud and clear, so much so that people might trip on the name, pronouncing it Camel-eeya.