Which spelling?

[name]Hi[/name], Berries!!! It’s been a long time since I last posted. Anyway, I’m back with a new found name that had caught my eyes. It has 2 spelling so I would like to know which one is more appealing to you. And I would like to seek your opinion on this name.

[name]Elspeth[/name] / [name]Elsbeth[/name].

Thank you so much!!! :smiley:

I say them both differently. [name]Do[/name] you say them both the same? I think the “b” in [name]Elsbeth[/name] is easier to say than the “p” in [name]Elspeth[/name]. [name]Elsbeth[/name] seems more attractive to me, because of the name [name]Beth[/name].

These are the same name but from different cultures. The Scottish [name]Elspeth[/name] is my favourite. [name]Elsbeth[/name] is Dutch/[name]German[/name]/Scandinavian.

Yeah, Elsssssspeth for [name]Elspeth[/name] and Elzzzzbeth for [name]Elsbeth[/name]. Subtle but distinct. I kind of like the sound of [name]Elspeth[/name] more, but the look of [name]Elsbeth[/name] more.

I would def use the [name]Elsbeth[/name] spelling!

I would use [name]Elspeth[/name], though I say them both differently. [name]Elsbeth[/name] just looks like a contraction of [name]Elisabeth[/name], while [name]Elspeth[/name] is more distinct as a name, if that makes sense.

I like both. I think it depends on how irritated you’d get with explaining the name. Unless you’re in a very Celtic region/area, you’ll probably have to do a Lot more explaining [name]Elspeth[/name] than [name]Elsbeth[/name].

It depends on how you would pronounce it. If your going with -[name]ELS[/name] peth then I like the [name]Elspeth[/name] spelling, but if your going with -[name]ELS[/name] beth then I like the [name]Elsbeth[/name] spelling. They’re both nice! but [name]Elsbeth[/name] kind of looks like [name]Elizabeth[/name] gone wrong. The [name]Elspeth[/name] spelling looks really interesting though :slight_smile:

I’m really drawn to the [name]Elspeth[/name] spelling. I like it a bit more than the [name]Elsbeth[/name] spelling.

• [name]Athena[/name]

Thank you for all the feedbacks!! Really appreciated. I agreed that [name]Elspeth[/name] sounds better and looked more interesting. But [name]Elsbeth[/name] looks more feminine.