Which spelling?

I have a few questions about the name [name_f]Esme[/name_f]/[name_f]Esmee[/name_f]. If anyone could answer these questions for me I would be very thankful.

Which spelling of [name_f]Esme[/name_f]/[name_f]Esmee[/name_f] do you like best?
Which spelling is the most popular?
Which spelling is more simple?
Which spelling looks better with the first name [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]? [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Esme[/name_f] or [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Esmee[/name_f]?

Thank you in advance.

I prefer [name_f]Esme[/name_f].

I would answer every question as [name_f]Esme[/name_f]. [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Esme[/name_f] is beautiful and spunky.

Simple answer to research. [name_f]Esme[/name_f] appears on popularity charts, [name_f]Esmee[/name_f] does not. If people have any familiarity with the name, it is much more likely to be as [name_f]Esme[/name_f], and the spelling more people would guess is the simpler spelling by default.

I think it looks better too, and is closer to the original Esmé (assuming you don’t want to use the accent).

Definitely [name_f]Esme[/name_f]. The extra e is redundant.

Definitely [name_f]Esme[/name_f]. [name_f]Esmee[/name_f] looks wrong to me sans accent.

I agree with pps - [name_f]Esme[/name_f] is the answer to all 4 questions.