Which Spelling?

[ deleted ]

Closing now - I appreciate everyone’s thoughts! :slight_smile:

I don’t know anything about either of these names, so this is just off first impression. I think I prefer [name_m]Marston[/name_m] but can’t really figure out why. They both feel like surname names, although for some reason the [name_m]Marsden[/name_m] spelling makes me think about the god [name_u]Mars[/name_u] a little more.

I pronounce them differently, but purely based on spelling I prefer [name_m]Marsden[/name_m]. It looks more sophisticated for some reason.

I like [name_m]Marsden[/name_m], I pronounce different and prefer this sound (and look).

Depends on which sound you are going for. I’m going to assume that the name is supposed to have the D sound. Thus, to me, [name_m]Marsden[/name_m] would be the more logical choice. You’d just get a T sound with [name_m]Marston[/name_m]. My vote also goes to [name_m]Marsden[/name_m] for the completely subjective reason that I don’t generally like names that end in -ton (I have an aunt who really separates the syllables in a grating way, when saying her son’s name. Think “[name_u]Bray[/name_u]-TON! I said [name_u]Bray[/name_u]-TON!”).

First impression: nothing for [name_m]Marston[/name_m] other than it makes me think of a place name. [name_m]Marsden[/name_m] reminds me of actor [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Marsden[/name_m].

I prefer [name_m]Marston[/name_m].

I like the look of [name_m]Marsden[/name_m] best

I’d say [name_m]Marsden[/name_m]. This is more or less how I’d say [name_m]Marston[/name_m] anyway.

[name_m]Marsden[/name_m]. I find the d sound much easier than the t. Looks less made up yet somehow less try-hard. [name_m]Marston[/name_m] reminds me snobby [name_m]Thurston[/name_m], whereas [name_m]Marsden[/name_m] feels friendly and Scandinavian.

[name_m]Marsden[/name_m] is my preference.

[ deleted ]

I personally like [name_m]Marsden[/name_m] more but both are perfectly fine spelling and pronunciations. Whatever you decide it’s a good name.

So reassuring - thank you so much! :slight_smile:

Both of them are not really my style, but I prefer [name_m]Marston[/name_m] because [name_m]Marsden[/name_m] seems like an old man’s name to me.

It’s really not my style so I’m not really a fan, but I prefer [name_m]Marsden[/name_m]. [name_u]Mars[/name_u] makes a cute nickname.

[ deleted ]