Which style of middle name for Hildegarde?

See the results of this poll: Short and sweet or long and frilly middle name for Hildegarde?

Respondents: 52 (This poll is closed)

• Short and sweet (Hildegarde Hope, Hildegarde Blythe, Hildegarde Daisy, Hildegarde Fern…) : 43 (83%)
  • Long and frilly (Hildegarde Cressida, Hildegarde Lydia, Hildegarde Cordelia, Hildegarde Felicity…): 9 (17%)

[name_u]Love[/name_u] your short sweet options

Thanks, @greyblue!

Short and sweet! I love [name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f], but I do think something succinct works better in the middle. Otherwise, it can be a lot for one person to carry.

P.S. I love [name_f]Hildi[/name_f] and [name_f]Hilda[/name_f] as nicknames

Thank you, @yellowplums! I’m glad to hear that you like the name. I really do like [name_f]Hildi[/name_f], as well!

If anyone has any other opinions or ideas for middles, I’d love to hear them! Seems like you all prefer the shorter names. Does [name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f] have too much alliteration? [name_f]Hope[/name_f] has sorta a special meaning to us, so might use it anyway.

Definitely short and sweet!

I definitely prefer frillier names in the middle with [name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f]. I like [name_f]Hildi[/name_f]/[name_f]Hilda[/name_f]! I think [name_f]Hedy[/name_f] would work as a nn too.

[name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_f]Twyla[/name_f]
[name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Hildegard[/name_f] [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f]
[name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]
[name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_f]Annalise[/name_f]
[name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_u]Marion[/name_u]
[name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_f]Mariana[/name_f]
[name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]

Thanks @yuma for weighing in with the opposite opinion, and for giving ideas! I really kinda want to make her name sound like an old-timey European princess or something… lol. [name_f]Hedy[/name_f] is a great nn idea I hadn’t really thought of!

I like [name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f], [name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f] and [name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] the best from your suggestions :slight_smile:

What about [name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_f]Rosa[/name_f]? [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] is short, yet it gives me a girly vibe. I also like the suggestion of [name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f]. :slight_smile:
I actually really like [name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f]. It reminds me of a medieval European princess in a storybook, and I really like that.

[name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] is rather fetching. I have a bit of a crush on it myself. As for middles, I prefer the longer frilly variety. I’m really liking your [name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]. It has a lovely shadow quality with the “d” and vowels sounds. Feels well matched in terms of it’s style, popularity and regal association to boot.

Some other options for you: [name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f], [name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_f]Magdalena[/name_f], [name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_f]Berenice[/name_f], [name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_f]Agatha[/name_f], [name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothea[/name_f], [name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], [name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_f]Phillipa[/name_f], [name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f], [name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_f]Imelda[/name_f], [name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_f]Frederica[/name_f], [name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_f]Demetria[/name_f], [name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f], [name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_f]Acantha[/name_f], [name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_f]Luella[/name_f], [name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_f]Adelia[/name_f], [name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_f]Melusine[/name_f], [name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] Wilona

110% short and sweet. [name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] is already pretty long, and a bit on the heavy side of names, so I feel like it needs a short and sweet choice (like your option of [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]!) to balance it out.

As much as I like [name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_f]Cressida[/name_f], generally, I think short and sweet middles work best with the big and elaborate [name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f]. [name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f] is nice; I enjoy the alliteration. [name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] is my favourite of the options though. I like Hilly as nickname - as it greatly softens it.

I would go with the short and sweet style, I think it complements [name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] the best. [name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] is gorgeous!

[name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] is a bold band gorgeous choice. I like the short simple options with it. They ground it a bit whereas the long, elegant options seem too much and a bit show offy if that makes sense.
[name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] or Ferb are so beautiful. And they’re still uncommon names so it doesn’t really dull down the unexpectedness if the name. [name_m]Just[/name_m] makes it manageable.
[name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_f]Willow[/name_f] would be pretty, though [name_f]Willow[/name_f] us more common. Or [name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]. [name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_f]Opal[/name_f].
This one doesn’t ground it but since you’re into virtue name [name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_f]Patience[/name_f] gives me all the heart eyes.

Thank you so much, berries! This is part of why I love this site so much. I was blown away to login and see all these comments and votes from over the weekend, and everyone being so kind and encouraging and creative. I even read some of these comments off to my bf, and he was delighted, as well. :slight_smile: I love hearing people say it’s “fetching” and “bold and gorgeous” and like a medieval princess. [name_m]Just[/name_m] what I’m going for here! :slight_smile:

Now of course in my head I’m like well what if I do more than one middle… But IDK if that’s his style and if I really want to deal with that.

But thanks so much for all the votes and encouragement, again :slight_smile: Going to have fun playing with this for a while, lol… We both like [name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f]. I want to like [name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_f]Honor[/name_f], but the fact that one H is silent and the other isn’t bothers me!

([name_u]Love[/name_u] the suggestions of [name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_f]Opal[/name_f] and [name_f]Hildegarde[/name_f] [name_f]Agatha[/name_f]… but can’t use them because her initials would be HOG or HAG!)