Which toddler pillows are the best?

I want to make sure I have a comfortable and safe bed for our child. I bought nice bedding, a mattress, but can’t decide which pillow to buy. Is it even important? At the moment I like Tillyou and Little Sleepy

Thanks for any tips and advice,
[name_f]Sarah[/name_f]

If it makes you feel more comfortable you can definitely buy a toddler sized pillow although just be aware you’ll need a different pillowcase to go with it since the ones that come with toddler bedding are usually full size pillow cases.
[name_f]My[/name_f] toddlers turned 2 in [name_u]July[/name_u] and they’ve been using adult pillows for a little while now. Although they did sleep without any pillow at all for a very long time.
I think it’s more important to make sure there aren’t too many loose covers and also that your child doesn’t overheat.
[name_f]My[/name_f] pediatrician said by this age they can use a regular pillow safely but of course, do whatever your doctor recommends and what you feel is safest for your little one.

1 Like

We’ve always given my children adult sized pillows. I noticed watching my daughter sleep yesterday (age 2) that some of the time she’s not even using a pillow and when she does she uses the itty bitty corner of it… so I’m not really sure how important it is but I completely agree with go with what the pediatrician is saying.

1 Like

Don’t know if you’ve bought a pillow yet, but I used the “dreamtown” toddler pillow, and have had no issues. It’s not a 100% cotton pillow (I think it’s poly/cotton), but it can be washed if it gets dirty, and it’s breathable and affordable. I started allowing my toddler to use a pillow shortly after she turned 1 because I noticed her wanting to use her stuffed animal as a pillow. If you’re super worried about material, look for 100% cotton/organic cotton, (but be aware it will shrink if you wash it).