Which version of Lock?

See the results of this poll: Which way to get to Locke?

Respondents: 2 (This poll is closed)

• Locke : 0 (0%)
  • Lockwood : 0 (0%)
  • Lockhart : 0 (0%)
  • Lochlan : 2 (100%)
  • Other (please tell me below!): 0 (0%)

Lochlan is my favourite of those options. I like the nickname Lochie too.

Wow, everyone really likes [name_m]Lochlan[/name_m]! I guess I shouldn’t be surprised as that is a much more popular name, but that wasn’t even a consideration for me at first, I just threw it on there at the last minute.

If you had to choose between [name_m]Locke[/name_m], [name_m]Lockwood[/name_m] and Lockhart as the given name, which would you pick?

[name_m]Lockwood[/name_m] is cool -i love the foresty vibe and that Brontë link!!

[name_m]Lochlan[/name_m] nn [name_m]Locke[/name_m] is so cute! I prefer [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] to [name_m]Lochlan[/name_m] (I just like how it works), but I think [name_m]Locke[/name_m] intuitively works better with [name_m]Lochlan[/name_m].

Between [name_m]Locke[/name_m], [name_m]Lockwood[/name_m] and Lockhart, I would probably just go with [name_m]Locke[/name_m]. Eugh, maybe not. Maybe too close to lock, as in “Hey [name_m]Locke[/name_m], can you lock the door?”. That said, my bro is [name_m]William[/name_m] “will” and I always joke around “Hey [name_m]Will[/name_m], will you be joining us?”, so [name_m]Locke[/name_m] isn’t any worse than that.

I change my mind. I’m going with [name_m]Lockwood[/name_m] as my 2nd choice to [name_m]Lochlan[/name_m].

I would go straight to [name_m]Locke[/name_m], although I love [name_m]Lochlan[/name_m] too. I always prefer naming a child the name that you intend to call him unless it is really nicknamey, as it would just be easier for your son on a day-to-day basis (unless your last name is one syllable and doesn’t go as well as [name_m]Lochlan[/name_m]).

I think [name_m]Lochlan[/name_m] with the nickname [name_m]Locke[/name_m] works best out of your given options. [name_m]Lochlan[/name_m] stands well on it’s own as a name and will age well, and [name_m]Locke[/name_m] is a kind of cool and hip nickname that works quite well with it.

I was initially going to say go with the simple [name_m]Locke[/name_m] if that’s what you’ll call him but knowing that you like the [name_f]Bronte[/name_f] connection to [name_m]Lockwood[/name_m] I think that’s a nice sort of hidden meaning there.

I’d honestly just go with [name_m]Locke[/name_m], followed by [name_m]Lochlan[/name_m].