Which would you pick?

Trying to put together a boys name (2 middles) with the following requirements. One name must be Welsh, I’d like to honour my grandfather ([name]William[/name] [name]Bryan[/name]) and my recently deceased uncle ([name]Gary[/name] [name]Samuel[/name], went by [name]Gary[/name] in the family and [name]Sam[/name] with friends) and I’d like to choose a fairly unusual name. My partner’s middle name is [name]Lee[/name] and he’d like this included but personally I’m open to dropping it. I’ve come up with the following options but I’m more than open to other ideas! The surname is [name]Morgan[/name]:

[name]Gareth[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Lee[/name] [name]Morgan[/name] - [name]Gareth[/name] as a Welsh name similar to [name]Gary[/name], [name]William[/name] for my granfather (as I love the name [name]William[/name]!) and [name]Lee[/name] for my partner. My main problem with this is that my partners cousin is called [name]Gareth[/name] so it would seem a little odd to use it. Also, [name]Gareth[/name] is a popular name in my generation in [name]Wales[/name] so it doesn’t seem “fresh”.

Garwyn [name]William[/name] [name]Lee[/name] [name]Morgan[/name] - Garwyn is a more unusual Welsh “[name]Gar[/name]” name but I’m not sure, what does everyone think of it?

[name]Sawyl[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Lee[/name] [name]Morgan[/name] - [name]Sawyl[/name] is the Welsh variation of [name]Samuel[/name] but I’m not sure what I think of it. It reminds me a bit of “sour” and I don’t like the double “wil” sound of [name]Sawyl[/name] [name]William[/name]

[name]Gwilym[/name] [name]Samuel[/name] [name]Lee[/name] [name]Morgan[/name] - this is probably my fav but my partner hates [name]Gwilym[/name] which is the Welsh form of [name]William[/name] :frowning:

Then there’s the option of dropping [name]Lee[/name] and using our favourite non-Welsh boys name which is [name]Lennox[/name]:

[name]Lennox[/name] [name]Gwilym[/name] [name]Samuel[/name] [name]Morgan[/name]

[name]Lennox[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Gary[/name] [name]Morgan[/name] - some sources list [name]Gary[/name] as a Welsh name so I could possibly get away with that?

[name]Lennox[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Sawyl[/name] [name]Morgan[/name]

[name]Lennox[/name] [name]Gareth[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Morgan[/name]

What would you do? Any other suggestions I haven’t thought of? Thanks guys!

I like [name]Lennox[/name] better than the “[name]Gar[/name]” names. I’m not as familiar with Welsh names, so maybe that’s why.

I’d pick
[name]Lennox[/name] [name]Gareth[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Morgan[/name]

or
[name]Lennox[/name] Garwyn [name]Bryan[/name] [name]Morgan[/name]
[name]Lennox[/name] [name]Gwilym[/name] [name]Samuel[/name] [name]Morgan[/name]
[name]Lennox[/name] [name]Gary[/name] [name]Sawyl[/name] [name]Morgan[/name]

If you do choose a “[name]Gar[/name]” name, maybe yours can go by [name]Gary[/name] as a nickname?
[name]Gareth[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Lee[/name] [name]Morgan[/name] nn [name]Gary[/name]?

I wouldn’t know how to pronounce [name]Sawyl[/name] or [name]Gwilym[/name] so I wouldn’t use them personally. My first guesses would be Saw-[name]WILL[/name] and g[name]WILL[/name]-em with gw like gwen, in case you are wondering what someone might guess without knowing better. Hopefully, you’ll get some feedback from someone with a Welsh background. :slight_smile:

Thanks so much for the input! I like some of your ideas especially [name]Lennox[/name] Garwyn [name]Bryan[/name] :slight_smile:

You more or less pronounced the names right. [name]Gwilym[/name] is GWIL-im and [name]Sawyl[/name] is SOW-ull. I also love the idea of using [name]Gary[/name] as a nn :slight_smile:

What do u think of Garnon? Another Welsh [name]Gar[/name] name? [name]Do[/name] u like it more or less than Garwyn?