Whit

DH would never let me, but I thought I would throw this out there anyways…

What are poster’s thoughts on [name]Whitney[/name] nn [name]Whit[/name] for a boy?

I find it sharp, confident and handsome… DH just says its a girls name.

[name]Whitney[/name] does sound pretty girlish to me, yet [name]Whit[/name] feels masculine. Maybe you could use [name]Whitaker[/name], nn [name]Whit[/name]? Is that too fancy? You could also do something like [name]William[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] and call him [name]Whit[/name].

Oh I like [name]Whitaker[/name]! Very nice [name]Olive[/name]!

I think [name]Whitney[/name] nn [name]Whit[/name] is really sexy for a boy! I guess you don’t want to think of your baby as sexy, but that’s all I think when I think of names like this. I know if I met an adult with this name, I would think it was awesome. Personally, I would think it was awesome on a baby, too, but I imagine a lot of people might not like it. I know people today think of [name]Whitney[/name] as a girls name, but it’s not a very common name anymore, so I don’t think kids his age would necessarily think of it as a girls’ name.

Whoa! I missed this post earlier. I have to share that a couple I know named their son [name]Whitney[/name] (he’s in elementary school now), and he was always, always mistaken for a girl. I believe he goes by his middle name now…

Wow [name]Jill[/name]! That is interesting!

I agree with [name]Lindsay[/name] in that I personally like it but could understand why people would find it unappealing or at the very least confusing. Because of that I wouldn’t do that to my child.

On a side, DH also nixed [name]Whitaker[/name]! I am just having fub thinking of other names but I think we know if its a boy there’s a good chance he’ll be [name]Charles[/name].

I know of a [name]Whitman[/name] who was nn [name]Whit[/name]. I do think [name]Whitney[/name] is too much a girls’ name (and yeah, I’m a guy).

I definitely think of [name]Whitney[/name] as a girl’s name; on the other hand, my brother’s name is [name]Morgan[/name], and he’s never complained about it being too “girly.”