Who are my siblings? Sibset ideas please

1. Some compatible brother/s and sister/s names for each of these miscellaneous individuals?

• Marion

• Miriam

• Vivian (g)

• Jeremiah

• Moriah

• Arthur

• Lawrence

• Abraham

2. Would you use any of these together?

3. Do you consider these to be mutally exclusive - could use one but not the others?

Marion, Miriam, Vivian
  • Yes, endings too similar for siblings
  • No, they could still work

0 voters

Jeremiah, Moriah
  • Yes, endings too similar for siblings
  • No, they could still work

0 voters

Thanks in advance!

I think [name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m] and [name_f]Moriah[/name_f] would be fine mixed in with other siblings with different endings. I wouldnā€™t put [name_u]Marion[/name_u] and [name_f]Moriah[/name_f] together since they share so many letters.

[name_f]Miriam[/name_f], [name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m], [name_f]Moriah[/name_f] & [name_m]Abraham[/name_m] feel nice as a sibset. Iā€™d describe them as ā€œcool biblicalā€.

Iā€™d also put [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] & [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] together. [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] & [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] are tailored unisex names and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] & [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] both feel like ā€œold manā€ names (in a good way) so I think [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] ties all 3 together nicely.

Iā€™m not sure what to do with [name_u]Marion[/name_u]. [name_u]Marion[/name_u] & [name_m]Abraham[/name_m] could be a cute mini sibset.

1 Like

[name_u]Marian[/name_u] and [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] are too close. [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] could work with either of them though.

I would stay away from rhyming ā€œ-iahā€ siblings.

[name_u]Marion[/name_u] strikes me as old, on either gender. [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] could be a sibling, or [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f], [name_f]Hester[/name_f], [name_m]Seymour[/name_m], [name_m]Harold[/name_m], [name_m]Leonard[/name_m].

[name_f]Miriam[/name_f] and [name_m]Abraham[/name_m] both make me think OT names: [name_m]Gideon[/name_m], [name_m]Josiah[/name_m], [name_f]Esther[/name_f], [name_f]Delilah[/name_f]. Sisters of the two Miriams I know IRL are [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] and [name_f]Joanna[/name_f].

[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] goes with so many old-but-new-again names that are popular right now: [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], [name_f]Margot[/name_f], [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], [name_u]August[/name_u], [name_m]Frederick[/name_m], [name_m]Edwin[/name_m], [name_u]Oliver[/name_u].

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] can also in Vivianā€™s sibset, though I think of it as a bit mustier, fitting in with stodgy British royal names like [name_u]George[/name_u] and [name_m]Alfred[/name_m] or uppity picks like [name_m]Rupert[/name_m] or [name_u]Remington[/name_u].

[name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m] sounds country to me, honestly. I could see his siblings as [name_m]Judson[/name_m], [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u], and [name_f]Willodean[/name_f].

[name_f]Moriah[/name_f] goes with more obscure Biblical names: [name_f]Keturah[/name_f], [name_m]Mordechai[/name_m], [name_m]Jotham[/name_m], [name_m]Abdiel[/name_m].

[name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] is more midcentury to me, so itā€™s still awaiting its comeback. His siblings could be [name_u]Robert[/name_u], [name_m]Richard[/name_m], [name_m]Franklin[/name_m], [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u], [name_u]June[/name_u], [name_f]Edith[/name_f], [name_u]Louise[/name_u].

1 Like

[name_u]Marion[/name_u] + [name_f]Elaine[/name_f] / [name_f]Silvia[/name_f] / [name_f]Frieda[/name_f] / [name_m]Victor[/name_m] / [name_m]Clement[/name_m]

[name_f]Miriam[/name_f] + [name_f]Leona[/name_f] / [name_f]Claudia[/name_f] / [name_f]Clarice[/name_f] / [name_u]Julian[/name_u] / [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] / [name_u]Everett[/name_u]

[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] + [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] / [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f] / [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f] / [name_f]Marina[/name_f] / [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u] / [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]

[name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m] + [name_f]Rosalyn[/name_f] / [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] / [name_f]Rhea[/name_f] / [name_m]Leander[/name_m] / [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] / [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] / [name_m]Lorenzo[/name_m]

[name_f]Moriah[/name_f] + [name_f]Carina[/name_f] / [name_f]Carys[/name_f] / [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f] / [name_f]Tahlia[/name_f] / [name_m]Preston[/name_m] / [name_m]Jethro[/name_m]

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] + [name_f]Greta[/name_f] / [name_f]Corinne[/name_f] / [name_f]Frances[/name_f] / [name_m]Edward[/name_m] / [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] / [name_m]Edmund[/name_m]

[name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] + [name_f]Jacquelyn[/name_f] / [name_f]Katrina[/name_f] / [name_f]Jillian[/name_f] / [name_m]Eldon[/name_m] / [name_m]Jefferson[/name_m] / [name_m]Jerome[/name_m] / [name_m]Rupert[/name_m]

[name_m]Abraham[/name_m] + [name_f]Sarai[/name_f] / [name_f]Johanna[/name_f] / [name_f]Roslyn[/name_f] / [name_m]Wilson[/name_m] / [name_m]Julius[/name_m] / [name_m]Emanuel[/name_m] / [name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m]

1 Like

Thank you for your thoughtful replies!

@floatinthesky [name_f]Glad[/name_f] you think so.

@AnandaWren [name_u]Marion[/name_u] seems a little stuffy to me too, so I was curious about what could work with it.
I like ā€˜more obscureā€™ Biblical, thank you!

@columbiacharm Thanks for your ideas, itā€™s interesting to see you suggest a couple I was already considering.

1 Like