Who are these girls? Imagery please...

I think we are getting close to a final four or five for our [name_u]Winter[/name_u] girl…I’d love to know who you see when you hear these names. So many of you are so good with imagery - words, images, sounds, all of it’s welcome if you’re so inclined!

[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] Iverine

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f]

[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_u]Frost[/name_u]

[name_f]Pomeline[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]

[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Andromeda[/name_f]

[name_f]Persephone[/name_f] [name_f]Claret[/name_f]

Other middle names that we’ve considered, feel free to swap out any of the middles for others above or these (or add your own suggestions!) if you prefer the sound/feel:
[name_f]Camellia[/name_f]
Coriander
[name_f]Eleonora[/name_f]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f]
Lumi
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_u]Quince[/name_u]
[name_m]Rune[/name_m]
[name_f]Starling[/name_f]

Thanks!

[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_m]Irvine[/name_m] & [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] [name_f]Claret[/name_f] seem pretentious to me, but I like your other choices.
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f] sounds like a cheeky & cheery little girl (or adult with spunk!); [name_f]Pomeline[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] & [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Andromeda[/name_f] are hard for me to imagine. (Not a fan of [name_f]Andromeda[/name_f] myself.) My favourite is [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_u]Frost[/name_u] - just darling, on a child or adult.

From your other names I like the combos [name_f]Eleonora[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] or [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] [name_m]Rune[/name_m]. Also think [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] or [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] would work well.

Good luck!

[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] Iverine - She’s a really sweet girl, a bit serious a times but still fun. She looks like this: here

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f] - she’s cute, spunky, and full of personality. Some people lovingly call her “Bumble B” and/or “Bumble [name_f]Bea[/name_f].” She looks like this: here

[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_u]Frost[/name_u] - she’s solemn, and very very mature for her age. She looks like this: here

[name_f]Pomeline[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] - a cheery, silly little girl that loves to laugh and have fun. She looks like this: here

[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Andromeda[/name_f] - she’s a bit of a drama queen. She looks like this: here

[name_f]Persephone[/name_f] [name_f]Claret[/name_f] - She’s a cute, happy little girl with a sweet, kind heart. She cares for others much more than herself. She looks like this: here

[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] - she’s a sweet girl who never stops smiling. She is easy-going and fun-loving. She loves to read books. She looks like this: here

[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_m]Rune[/name_m] - she is smart, silly, and happy. She is a momma’s girl, and loves crafts. She looks like this: here

Let’s see, this is my first post, I hope it’s ok!

I picture [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] Iverine as a ballerina, all long limbs and ivory skin. [name_m]Messy[/name_m] hair and a flair for the dramatic. A swan.

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f] is quirky and fun loving but introspective. Whispered secret and building forts, climbing trees and trying to woo wild animals, all in a lace dress with her mother’s necklaces tangled around her neck.

[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_u]Frost[/name_u] is smart and serious. She keeps collections and loves books thinks before she speaks.

[name_f]Pomeline[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] is a delicate one, all light and sparkles. She has a tinkling laugh and rosy cheeks and long fingers.

[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Andromeda[/name_f] is curious and wild. A firecracker with skinned knees. Dancing in the rain, playing in the mud, making up mysteries to solve.

[name_f]Persephone[/name_f] [name_f]Claret[/name_f] is a dreamy girl with a dark side. She can be sweet and lightness or tempestuous depending on her mood. Temper tantrums that end in angelic sleeps.

I see [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] Iverine and [name_f]Pomeline[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] as similar, [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Andromeda[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f] also seem sort of similar to me.

If I were going to switch things up, I would think about [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_m]Rune[/name_m] or [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], as I wonder if [name_f]Plum[/name_f] is going to get super popular in the middle spot.

Here we go, [name_f]Sara[/name_f]!

[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] Iverine: This is a wild flower meadow. A summer morning, dew still thick in the grass, butterflies and bumblebees are busily working, birdsong is coming from the trees. Blonde curly haired children dancing and laughing in the grass, their white cotton dresses stained with wet grass and soil. They’re running through the meadows to the beach, they collect shells and fish for crabs, begs their uncle to take them out in the boat. Leaning over the rail they let their fingers graze the water, they touch the seaweed and look for fish. In the evening they gather wildflower, seven kinds to put under their pillow so they can dream of their one true love.

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f]: An ivy covered cottage. When you enter you’re welcomed by the most delicious smells, cinnamon, vanilla and fresh baked bread. There’s always fresh flowers in vases all over the house, table cloths made from intricate lace, beautifully painted hardwood floors. Her garden is all flowers, wild raspberry bushes and plum trees, from which she makes delicious crumbles, pies and jams.

[name_f]Pomeline[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]: Sweetness and plaits, someone a bit… rough. Scratched knees, palms, her jeans would be mended with an endless amount of fancy patches. She makes sure her feet are safely on the sofa and not dangling down when Daddy reads her scary stories, so the baddies won’t catch her toes. She collects marbles and loves her teddy more than anything in the world. He goes everywhere with her, he’s dirty and worn out while her sister’s is still perfectly shiny and soft. Have you seen the [name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_m]Brown[/name_m] books by [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] Cowell? They’re about this little girl who has all these adventures with her stuffed bunny [name_u]Stanley[/name_u]. That’s how I picture little [name_f]Pomeline[/name_f].

[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Andromeda[/name_f]: A dark room, a table filled with notebooks, fountain pens and ink, [name_m]Serge[/name_m] Gainsbourg playing on the record player. She’s half way lying in the chair, her feet (in thick woolen socks) resting on the table, a glass of deep brown cognac in her hand. Glasses, brown hair hanging down the sides of her face. She’s doodling, waiting for inspiration…

[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_u]Frost[/name_u]: this doesn’t work in my opinion. [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]?
[name_f]Persephone[/name_f] [name_f]Claret[/name_f]: [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] Lumi or Persphone [name_u]Frost[/name_u]?

[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] Iverine - girl in the winter night, chubby with a nice smile, regal attitude, calm, but strong

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f] - spunky rebel girl, modern and smart

[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_u]Frost[/name_u] - serious girl, no smile, sad

[name_f]Pomeline[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] - gentle, brave girl with her opinion, ready to help, active but graceful

[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Andromeda[/name_f] - smart, calm, regal and serious

[name_f]Persephone[/name_f] [name_f]Claret[/name_f] - smart, gentle, active, kind and attractive girl

Thank you all!

I, of course, have my own ideas about who these girls are, but I always love hearing other people’s takes on names as well and have had my impressions of many names evolve through reading this site.

crispy, you’ve made me think about [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_u]Frost[/name_u] on an adult more deeply which has made me a little fonder of it. It was previously one of my lesser favorites.

3kiddosmom, your [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Andromeda[/name_f] is just as I picture her!

graciella, funny, I have had the same thought about [name_f]Plum[/name_f]. I actually just said yesterday that I hope it doesn’t become the new [name_f]Grace[/name_f]! I love the spicy sweetness of it for a [name_u]Winter[/name_u] girl - sugarplums and all - and it actually sounds fairly sophisticated to my ear as well so I think it would age well.

ottilie - [name_f]Love[/name_f] your imagery as always, thank you! Curious what doesn’t work for you about [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_u]Frost[/name_u] or [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] [name_f]Claret[/name_f]. Is it just the flow (syllables and sounds) or more the meanings together?

I’m not very good at descriptions but I’ll give it a try.

[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] Iverine: This is very white, snow on the ground, twinkling lights, small patches of flowers trying to peek through. She is very soft and quiet but has a stern side to her.

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f]: Wearing warm sweaters and scarves, playing outside in the snow with the sun shining. Coming inside for tea and playing board games. She is funny and has a good sense of humor. Can be outgoing and likes to make friends.

[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_u]Frost[/name_u]- She is serious but at times likes to have some fun. Very smart and has a dry sense of humor.

I would switch this to maybe [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] Lumi, [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Neve[/name_f].

[name_f]Pomeline[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]: Feels very sweet. A little french girl making apple pies while the aroma fills up the whole house as it’s snowing outside. She is cute and happy and loves to play with toys.

[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Andromeda[/name_f]: She is very fierce and doesn’t take no for an answer. She can be outspoken at times. Also is very friendly and makes new friends wherever she goes. Loves for run around and dance.

I love [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and [name_f]Andromeda[/name_f] separately but not together, it feels like to much name. Maybe [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] Eirwen, [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Rowena[/name_f].

[name_f]Persephone[/name_f] [name_f]Claret[/name_f]: She has her head in the clouds and likes to create her own fantasies. She loves books and stays up at night reading under the covers. Has a big imagination and enjoys drawing.

I’m not a fan of [name_f]Claret[/name_f] what about [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] [name_f]Lux[/name_f], [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] [name_f]Olwen[/name_f], [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] [name_u]Frost[/name_u]?

Eh, I’m no good with syllables and flow. I don’t notice that stuff. It’s just the images I get are conflicting. [name_f]Harriet[/name_f]'s warm, cosy, bookish and a little quirky, [name_u]Frost[/name_u] is, well, like frost. Freezing, white, icicles and cold. [name_f]Persephone[/name_f]'s dark, delicious, responsible and queenly, [name_f]Claret[/name_f] to me isn’t a name, it’s a wine. I love wine, but it feels weird.

sorceress, I missed your reply before. I think you may be right that [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_u]Frost[/name_u] is too serious. I’ll have to do some playing with that one!

lululemonmee, you see [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] Iverine much like I do. I like your suggestion of [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] but I feel [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] might need something more fun in the middle. Same with [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], although I [name_f]LOVE[/name_f] this both in flow and sound and everything. I think I agree with you about [name_f]Claret[/name_f]. Although I love the sound and see it more as a color name than a wine name, I’m thinking about nixing it. I do quite like [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] [name_f]Lux[/name_f] though.

ottilie, I think what you dislike about the combinations are what I like :slight_smile: I’m big on contrast in names. For me actually [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] and [name_u]Frost[/name_u] are both a little too serious and cold and I think she needs something warmer in the middle!