Who's a Pretty Kitty?

Lately I’ve been wanting a black cat, but most likely will not be getting one in the near future for several reasons (one being that I am allergic), but still find myself wanting a black cat. Of course, I’ve been thinking about the cat’s name and am totally stumped!

For a first name I chose two of my favorite names that I won’t be able to use for my kids down the line (fiance won’t go for it) and for the middle it’s something personal like a favorite character or author or artist etc.

Options for a girl (open for suggestions):

[name]Bailey[/name] [name]Pandora[/name] (ok this is the only exception because I think [name]Pandora[/name] is a really cool name for a black cat)

[name]Bailey[/name] [name]Artemis[/name] ([name]Artemis[/name] is my favorite Greek goddess along with Hecate)

Boy:
[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Van[/name] Goh after my favorite painter
[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Val[/name] [name]Mont[/name] after [name]Ryan[/name] [name]Phillipe[/name]'s character in Cruel Intenstions

I know the [name]Jasper[/name] names sound very “real” but that’s one of the things I like about them. I had a hard time coming up with an “actual” name for the girl cat but am now set on [name]Bailey[/name].

Please help!

It’s [name]Van[/name] Gogh. He’s one of my fave artists, too! You could name your kitty [name]Vincent[/name] after him. NNs: [name]Vin[/name], [name]Vinnie[/name], [name]Vince[/name].
I had a black kitty named [name]Cairo[/name] [name]Jones[/name]. I called him [name]Jones[/name]. My husband had a black kitty named Spooky. I know, very trite, but cute.
If I had a female black kitty, I would be tempted to name her [name]Olive[/name], after black Olives.
Maybe I would name her Licorice nn Licky. I think Licky would be such a funny name for a dog or cat.

Well, when our [name]Cleo[/name] (tortie cat, short for [name]Cleopatra[/name], also nicknamed Claws) had kittens and the two that survived were black and white (grey when she grew up) we named them [name]Pepper[/name] and Salt… Not very imaginative but we’ve kept the tradition alive, and now Salt’s kittens are called [name]Sugar[/name], [name]Cinnamon[/name] and Raisin (what we put on the porridge we have every [name]Saturday[/name], except for butter, but perhaps we’ll have a kitten named butter one day, you never know…) The kitten Raisin has actually warmed me up to the name [name]Roisin[/name] (ro-[name]SHEEN[/name]), a name I always liked but somehow found strange…
I do have a collection of names I’m going to give my future cats, though, perhaps you’ll like them ^^
Odd (legit name in Norway, adorable in my book)
Mr. [name]Wednesday[/name] (only if he’s mean, from [name]Neil[/name] Gaiman’s “American Gods”)
Junebug and Mayfair would be sisters…
[name]Honey[/name]-[name]Rose[/name] (I once thought of the combo [name]Honey[/name] [name]Rosamund[/name] for a girl, then realised what I’d done and made it a future cat name instead ^^)

[name]Jasper[/name] and [name]Bailey[/name] are good black cat names ^^ I know a lot of people oppose using “real” names on cats and dogs, but I think it’s a fabulous thing to do… I know a cat named [name]Margot[/name], and she’s magnificent…
Of your combos, [name]Jasper[/name] van Gogh sounds best, and I think you could pair any mythological lady with [name]Bailey[/name] and make it sound good :slight_smile:

We have a very dark tortoiseshell cat called [name]Eartha[/name] [name]Kitty[/name]. She has a ginger brother called [name]Tiger[/name] [name]Lily[/name] Woods.

After six children, I went on to cats, and have had fun naming all six of them too!

Good luck! and have fun!

I have a black cat named [name]London[/name]. Sometimes we call her Londie or Londino. I love her name.