Why are boy names difficult!?

We don”t know the sex yet, but we”re considering [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] for a girl, or [name]Lila[/name] as another first name contender. We also like [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Pearl[/name], [name]Eloise[/name] (some are middle names). For boys, we like [name]Sawyer[/name], [name]Graham[/name] and [name]Sebastian[/name] for a middle name, boy names are much harder! We have a daughter named [name]Gemma[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] already so we”re hoping to find a fitting name for her little brother or sister. Thoughts? Last name is [name]Baze[/name] (long A).

My theory is that the sex that you find harder to name is not the sex of your baby. 72% of expectant mothers queried correctly guessed the sex of their baby.

That said, [name]Sebastian[/name] is just about the coolest name every. [name]Bastian[/name] as a nn is even cooler - or good all on it’s own. And [name]Bastian[/name] [name]Baze[/name] is a rockstar name if there ever was one.

[name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Bastian[/name] [name]Baze[/name]

I have a boy and a girl and I feel like boys names were harder too. I love [name]Gemma[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] very cute. [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] is so super cute. I have a [name]Lila[/name] (leelah) and i get so annoyed because there are just too many [name]Lila[/name]'s (lie lah) its too popular. [name]Lucy[/name] is also very VERY popular, I am not sure if that concerns you. I only know a few [name]Ruby[/name]'s and I love it. [name]Sebastian[/name] is an amazing name!

Thanks…we were actually considering [name]Lila[/name] or [name]Isla[/name] as well…I hear you though. Same spelling as your daughter yet different pronunciation, she probably has to correct people who pronounce it “Lie-lah” also. [name]Sebastian[/name] is a cool name, we wonder about nicknames, I can’t see myself yelling out “[name]Sebastian[/name]! [name]Sebastian[/name]!..” It’ll come to us I’m sure. We both love [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] though. Thanks for the thoughts.

All your girl names are up and coming names ([name]Lila[/name] being quite popular). I might consider [name]Clementine[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] as a slightly less common option that would balance your short last name very well.

[name]Sebastian[/name] works really well with [name]Baze[/name] as well. I have heard the nn “[name]Seb[/name]” for [name]Sebastian[/name]. I’d stick with a one or two-syllable middle name for a variety of syllables in the full name.