Why are some names so hard to match!

I’ve had a name crush on [name]Opal[/name] for a long while. It feels so rich and shimmery and plus it’s just nice to say. However, it’s one of those names I just have a really hard time matching. It’s such a beautiful name I hate to relegate it to the middle spot but it seems like everything I come up with sounds better with [name]Opal[/name] in the middle. It seems like I can’t find a name that I like that has the appropriate flow when [name]Opal[/name] is in the first spot. For example, a couple of my favorites are [name]Clara[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name]. [name]Clara[/name] [name]Opal[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Opal[/name] sound lovely together but somehow the flow sounds off when you reverse it to [name]Opal[/name] [name]Clara[/name] or [name]Opal[/name] [name]Penelope[/name].

I feel like [name]Opal[/name] needs something decidedly feminine but something that still has some backbone. Any ideas?

Hmmm, [name]Opal[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] isn’t bad to my ear, [name]Opal[/name] [name]Clara[/name] doesn’t flow quite right though.

[name]Opal[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Ramona[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Helena[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Theresa[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Irena[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Veronica[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Violette[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Rebecca[/name]

[name]Opal[/name] [name]Claire[/name] sounds better to me than [name]Opal[/name] [name]Clara[/name]. I think mn’s beginning with a consonant are better because the “l” would run into vowel mn’s.

[name]Opal[/name] [name]Meredith[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Rosamund[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Miriam[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] Geradline
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Kathleen[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Sabrina[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] Vivenne
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Marina[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Corinna[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Valentine[/name]

I love [name]Opal[/name]! I love it as a first name. :slight_smile: I think [name]Opal[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] is gorgeous. [name]Opal[/name] [name]Clara[/name] sounds clunky, however.

Some suggestions:

[name]Opal[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Araminta[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Eudora[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Imelda[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Marjorie[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Theodora[/name]

I hope that helps!

• ara names are rough in the middle.

[name]Opal[/name] [name]Calliope[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Bernadette[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Wilhelmina[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Diana[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Sabine[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Marietta[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Nancy[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Susanne[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Veronica[/name]

[name]Opal[/name] [name]Claire[/name] sounds very nice if you like that modification of [name]Clara[/name]. for some reason i feel like a one syllable name would be nice - like [name]Opal[/name] [name]Grace[/name] alhtough I know [name]Grace[/name] is overused as a middle.

[name]Opal[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]?

trying to think of names that have emphasis not on the first syllable. i’m wondering if that might help

i do think [name]Opal[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] sounds nice - and if you really like [name]Penelope[/name] I would hold onto that one unless you find anohter you love as much/more. i dont think it would be worth trading down on middle name jsut for a lightly better flow

I do think [name]Opal[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] just sounds gorgeous but everyone kept telling me [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Opal[/name] sounded better but I want to use [name]Opal[/name] in the first name spot. It’s just too pretty to put it in the middle where it will rarely be heard. I did consider [name]Opal[/name] [name]Jane[/name] but wonder if [name]Jane[/name] (as much as I love it!) is to…I donno…plain? to go with [name]Opal[/name].

Of the suggestions here I kind of like [name]Opal[/name] [name]Ramona[/name], surprisingly, even though [name]Ramona[/name] isn’t really a name I like that much. [name]Opal[/name] [name]Irena[/name] has a sort of musical quality that’s really nice, too. [name]Rosamund[/name] is so ethereal and lovely but I’m sure my family would hate it. Same with [name]Araminta[/name]. I adore the fresh, cool sound and I think it’s absolutely beautiful with [name]Opal[/name] despite the vowel beginnings of both, but I’m sure it’s one my family would absolutely hate. Talk about traditional -_- My name is the only unusual one in the family and that’s because my dad named me.

There is some lovely suggestions, though. I will think them over and make a list. I still really love [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Opal[/name] together it just kind of bothers me that everyone I’ve told the name to says it sounds good or fine or okay but that [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Opal[/name] sounds better. I know it shouldn’t bother me that much. But it does, for whatever reason.

One of my other favorite names is [name]Winter[/name]. It’s my favorite season name. I love it’s cool sparkle and magical, whimsical aura and it’s warm memories of childhood. I’ve always loved it as a mn though I’d probably be too afraid to use it as a fn. I thought [name]Opal[/name] [name]Winter[/name] sounded divine together but I wonder if it’s just “too much”. I haven’t run it by any of my family yet.

[name]Opal[/name] [name]Araminta[/name] is the combination I use for fanfiction purposes.

[name]Opal[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name] is my favourite

Another idea: I think [name]Opal[/name] followed by a name starting with T or Th makes for a smooth transition.

[name]Opal[/name] [name]Theodora[/name]

Any thoughts on [name]Opal[/name] [name]Winter[/name]? Is it “too much” imagery?